News: Cowboys' D-line looks ready to return to dominant form

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Didn't ray have two fat guys in front of him?Tony saragoosa and Sam Adams? I think they both weigh 350 or close to it. The more the merrier. Instead rod will roll with 280 pounds datone jones. That will work well in run defense

Go cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Sarc/off

So wonder Ray is going to the HOF, they both should be on stage with him. LOL!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Great point!! That Super Bowl winning Raven’s D was truly dominating. They could stuff the run without bringing a Safety into the box, then on 3rd down they could unleash their pass rush, which included pushing the pocket up the middle. Ray Lewis loved it, I’m sure Sean Lee and company would too!! Why is this so hard for our FO and Marinelli to understand. If we go into the season with Irving and Collins as our starting DT’s, I’m afraid, like last year on occasion, we will get pushed around against the run.

We know this and don't even make 7 figures but they do and still can't figure out how to put the puzzle together.

Terrancemcclain

Reaction score
I think Lee played in the second giants game,
The forty niners game and the raiders game. The cowboys gave up over a hundred yards rushing in all three of those games

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Here is a list of position with unproven players or busts at the position:

RDE, DT, MLB, OLB, SS, FS, All 3 corner spots. The ONLY guys that have proven themselves to be good on defense are Lee, Lawrence, Irvin. Everyone else has question marks.

I've got hopes for some of those spots, but overall, I think it's fair to say a lot of players have a lot to prove on defense. After 2016, there was a lot of praise for Anthony Brown, but he took a clear step back last season. Awuzie and Lewis could do that. Jones could prove ineffective at corner. The safeties certainly have a lot to prove. Vander Esch could bust. Jaylon could be no more than what we saw last season. There are definitely questions at tackle outside of Irving, and he and Lawrence could even go south (although I feel pretty confident about them.) This team will be in trouble if it has to depend on Lee staying healthy in order to have a decent run defense.

However, the reason for hope is that their is a lot of potential with this group. We're not having to rely as much on the George Selvies and Benson Mayowas of the league to be starters. Yes, we're checking out what players like Ealy and Ward might can be, but there is young talent that they'll have to be better than to earn a starting spot. There's a good possibility that every starter on this defense this year will be home-grown. (I know Irving's not homegrown, but he's pretty close.) Thomas at LB, Price at DT, Ealy and Jones at DE/DT are the only players we've got who spent significant time with other teams. Of course, that won't matter if the homegrown talent fails to produce.

rockj7

Reaction score
That's my issue. LOADED at defensive end, maybe even overloaded (and why are they planning to play Crawford at end full-time?). But nose tackle and even 3-technique with Collins brittle feet, give me pause for concern.

The truthful fan in me still thinks we are a draft away on defense from being PLAYOFF ready, not just REGULAR season ready