News: Cowboys DC Mike Nolan Fired

cmoney23

Reaction score
I didn't want him hired. He proved me right all year and now he's gone.

Happy day!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You could see this coming a few days ago when Jerry danced around the question during his radio interview on whether Nolan would be back. That spoke volumes.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I never would have hired Nolan, and was one of the few saying so when he was hired, but even I'll admit he didn't really get a fair chance here with circumstances beyond his control.
Nah, he got plenty of chances - 16 of them in fact. Not the guy.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Yeah but your players are still trash. Unless they spend money, that hardly changes.

Sure you have pieces to build around, but thinking Jaylon Smith is a cornerstone player and defensive leader and still not addressing Safety and DT will net you the same results.
This. Everyone has a DC name they like as long as "he can bring in his own guys". That's the rub with Jerry. "Sure you can come be the DC of our club but I'm going to tell you who I want to bring in as your assistance and I will definitely tell you which players you will have to work with and start on Sunday. #54 is our cornerstone".

reddyuta

Reaction score
heck with this *******,what a moron.the defense was like a headless chicken till the final game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Please believe that I'm being totally honest in saying this but I honestly believe that the Dallas FO has taken the only wise decision available to them. The signs all pointed to a terrible disaster being in wait for the future of our defensive corps. I truly think Jerry and Stephen made the only practical decision that held a reasonable likelihood for the Dallas defense to be successful. Perhaps Jim Schwartz would be a workable solution. Any other idea favoring a better choice would, certainly, be welcome. Feel free to chime in.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No surprise here new it was coming. Now the interesting bit, has Mike McCarthy lost power and has to concede to the Jones wish of a 4-3 guy and a change to his philosophy that he brought with him or does the multi/hybrid scheme continue.

My guess McCarthy has little say
I hope McCarthy resigns in disgust.

Qcard

Reaction score
Alright who are we hiring now for DC??

lg9dRDd.jpg
Patrik.....We clicks not likes. Nailed it mid- December when this forum was securing a spot for Andy Dalton in the Ring Of Honor