Twitter: Cowboys DE Aldon Smith was fined $12,004 for roughing the passer

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#Cowboys DE Aldon Smith was fined $12,004 for roughing the passer a blow to #Rams QB Jared Goff s head that caused an interception in Week 1. No flag was thrown. #Browns S Andrew Sendejo was fined $13,327 for his hit on #Bengals WR Tyler Boyd, drawing a flag last week." / Twitter

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Lol, that $4 at the end.

The league decided to give a little extra because that's the anti-Cowboys bias the league shows towards us that folks around here are always talking about. Sendejo was fined more but he USED to be a Cowboy a while back so his fine is more because he has a longer history of having Cowboys stank on him. Maybe I won't give conspiracy posters such a hard time in the future.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The league decided to give a little extra because that's the anti-Cowboys bias the league shows towards us that folks around here are always talking about. Sendejo was fined more but he USED to be a Cowboy a while back so his fine is more because he has a longer history of having Cowboys stank on him. Maybe I won't give conspiracy posters such a hard time in the future.
Goodell was like, "This will pay for my Happy Meal. Bonus!".

aria

Reaction score
Ironic. He was fined for something he was clearly guilty of but no flag was thrown. Not only that, but that play resulted in an INT and points for the Cowboys.

The Gallup OPI was a consistent call but even it was 50/50 is was certainly debatable whereas the facemask wasn't. Yet we still had pages of cry babies and conspiracy theorists whining about the OPI call because all officials hate us and calls never go our way.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ironic. He was fined for something he was clearly guilty of but no flag was thrown. Not only that, but that play resulted in an INT and points for the Cowboys.

The Gallup OPI was a consistent call but even it was 50/50 is was certainly debatable whereas the facemask wasn't. Yet we still had pages of cry babies and conspiracy theorists whining about the OPI call because all officials hate us and calls never go our way.
I'm sorry. I can't wrap my brain around this obviously anti-Cowboys statement.
Speaky my language! They got screwed!

I don't even know what I'm talking about! They got screwed!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
CeeDee might want to put aside some of this weeks paycheck...you know he's going to get fined for the blindside hit last week.

Interesting thought...since the fines go to charities who gets to write it off on their taxes....the player or the league?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

The Gallup OPI was a consistent call but even it was 50/50 is was cerSl tainly debatable whereas the facemask wasn't. Yet we still had pages of cry babies and conspiracy theorists whining about the OPI call because all officials hate us and calls never go our way.

No conspiracy theories. That was a bad call for OPI.

So if Aldon was caught with a blow to the head of the QB then call it. Two blown calls does not make a right call.

aria

Reaction score
No conspiracy theories. That was a bad call for OPI.

So if Aldon was caught with a blow to the head of the QB then call it. Two blown calls does not make a right call.

That exact same OPI was called two other times that day. The rule may suck but it was correctly called. Not gonna get into the whole debate. Either way, all teams get good calls and bad calls, so the whining conspiracy crap should stop.