Twitter: Cowboys DE Aldon Smith was fined $12,004 for roughing the passer

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah. That seems reasonable. It was a no no.
Disagree.

You try to take 12K away from me for incidentally hitting a guy's HELMET (let's be honest, that hurt Aldon more than it hurt Goff) and we will be fighting.

It's a stupid rule in general. Yes, I get protecting the QB, but that hit is going to do nothing to Goff long-term. They need to flag it, just to keep defenders honest, but that shouldn't be a fine. A fine should be something more violent than that hit.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me, in the least, if Jerry ends up paying for every cent of that fine, in private.:thumbup:

(not that we'd even know about it, mind you) ;)

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That exact same OPI was called two other times that day. The rule may suck but it was correctly called. Not gonna get into the whole debate. Either way, all teams get good calls and bad calls, so the whining conspiracy crap should stop.
No, you're wrong. That OPI was wrongly called. Even Blandino (ex-play review head official) said it was not offensive pass interference. The officials on the field got it wrong and cost the Cowboys a chance to win the game. Yet, you're defending it? Unbelievable.

cern

Reaction score
No, you're wrong. That OPI was wrongly called. Even Blandino (ex-play review head official) said it was not offensive pass interference. The officials on the field got it wrong and cost the Cowboys a chance to win the game. Yet, you're defending it? Unbelievable.
Wasn't even close. Even a dufous could see Gallup was held. He was trying to pull his arm free.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't even close. Even a dufous could see Gallup was held. He was trying to pull his arm free.
Exactly. If anything, it should have been defensive pass interference. Another example of how certain officials allow their personal bias against the Cowboys show on the field and affect the game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Disagree.

You try to take 12K away from me for incidentally hitting a guy's HELMET (let's be honest, that hurt Aldon more than it hurt Goff) and we will be fighting.

It's a stupid rule in general. Yes, I get protecting the QB, but that hit is going to do nothing to Goff long-term. They need to flag it, just to keep defenders honest, but that shouldn't be a fine. A fine should be something more violent than that hit.

I don't get it either. A fine for that? That's like getting a ticket for going 1 mile over the limit. But hey, the NFLPA doesn't have a problem with retroactive fines, the league is going to take advantage.

A lot of these players aren't very bright. They'll sign anything.

Hadenough

Reaction score

#Cowboys DE Aldon Smith was fined $12,004 for roughing the passer a blow to #Rams QB Jared Goff s head that caused an interception in Week 1. No flag was thrown. #Browns S Andrew Sendejo was fined $13,327 for his hit on #Bengals WR Tyler Boyd, drawing a flag last week." / Twitter

If I was Jerry Jones I would just tell Aldon dont worry about it I got this! Keep up the good work!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The league decided to give a little extra because that's the anti-Cowboys bias the league shows towards us that folks around here are always talking about. Sendejo was fined more but he USED to be a Cowboy a while back so his fine is more because he has a longer history of having Cowboys stank on him. Maybe I won't give conspiracy posters such a hard time in the future.

Why would you give conspiracy theorists a hard time when you're one of them. The way it's been explained by the league in the past when other players who didn't happen to play for the Cowboys at any time have had different fine amounts is based on two things. They were if they have ever been fined for riles violations in the past and/or was a penalty called on them for what they are getting fined for. Personally I think if the refs misses it there shouldn't be any fine otherwise they could put every play under a microscope looking for things that weren't called that they could fine players for.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Disagree.

The same with CeeDee's fine.

Refs control the play to me.

It's just become standard anymore.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Exactly. If anything, it should have been defensive pass interference. Another example of how certain officials allow their personal bias against the Cowboys show on the field and affect the game.
The conspiracy evolves.

And Smith also was on the Grassy Knowl in Dallas in 1963 loading ammo for Oswald's Carano rifle.

Aldon has that bad boy rep.

I like it.

DFWJC

Reaction score

#Cowboys DE Aldon Smith was fined $12,004 for roughing the passer a blow to #Rams QB Jared Goff s head that caused an interception in Week 1. No flag was thrown. #Browns S Andrew Sendejo was fined $13,327 for his hit on #Bengals WR Tyler Boyd, drawing a flag last week." / Twitter

He smashed him pretty good, and his arm was cocked behind his head at the time.....totally defenseless..
:laugh:
Whats amazing is that ref was standing right there

i enjoyed getting the gift Int at the time though!

a penalty? 100% for sure
A finable offense? Debatable to me

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why would you give conspiracy theorists a hard time when you're one of them. The way it's been explained by the league in the past when other players who didn't happen to play for the Cowboys at any time have had different fine amounts is based on two things. They were if they have ever been fined for riles violations in the past and/or was a penalty called on them for what they are getting fined for. Personally I think if the refs misses it there shouldn't be any fine otherwise they could put every play under a microscope looking for things that weren't called that they could fine players for.

Dude, do you have ANY fun at all?

9nohQh4.jpeg

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude, do you have ANY fun at all?

I'll
The league decided to give a little extra because that's the anti-Cowboys bias the league shows towards us that folks around here are always talking about. Sendejo was fined more but he USED to be a Cowboy a while back so his fine is more because he has a longer history of having Cowboys stank on him. Maybe I won't give conspiracy posters such a hard time in the future.

Just where in that is the tip that it was a joke and not taken that you are a conspiracy theorist?