RELEASED Cowboys decline option on Terrance Williams

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

giphy.gif

links18

Reaction score
We will regret this when he burns us as a Commander. Or not. Yeah, I'll go with not.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
This seems like a big slap in the face. He's not even due a roster bonus. Normally, you don't throw away rights to a player when it costs you nothing to keep him. This is "we don't want you here". Ouch.

What happened to Terrance? He used to be considered a real team friendly guy.

His production dropped in 2015 and he shoulda been benched, Rotated, or cut then. He never had any elite skillsets. No elite footwork or separation skills and no hands to go up and get a ball skills = slot wr.

I know a slot wr or a backup #2 when i see one with my eyes. The best thing about tw was he had pretty good speed for slants and could escape from his defender on a busted play if romo was scrambling. He was a pretty decent blocker w decent speed.

He wasnt a beast with the ball in his hands and made too many critical mental errors.

He would go cold for 3 to 4 games in a row. Wrs with elite skillsets dont go awol for 3-4 games in a row. Never. They consistently move the chains and score. The minute their scoring and production declines its time to start cutting snaps and moving them around because theyve been figured out. He played ok against familiar bottom barrell division foes and scrub teams but he ran too hot and cold. Inconsistent. You cant leave an inconsistent player out there if hes playing every snap.

Somebody needs to talk to whomever is drafting all these tes and wrs and bringing them here in fa. None of these guys have elite separation skills or abilities to go up and get a ball or terrific hands or ball in hand skills. Speed helps but if they cant get separation or go up and get a ball they are gonna be limited to jet sweeps, screens, and busted plays just like twill and Austin.

Those guys will work fine on spot plays or in 4-5 wr or bunch formations and pick plays but were an 11, 12 and 13 formation team only that is NOT WR FRIENDLY. Dc nation is where avg slot wrs come to die unless they have an elite skillsets.

Jerrah is gonna roll w tes in the 11, 12, and 13 formations and it doesnt matter if theyve never scored a touchdown going back to pee wee football. All that matters is that they have to play every snap and be physical.

Heck if we had Bo Jackson, Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders hes still going w these same formations unless hes putting in a designated Scrub Fb to block. The other 2 backs are only there in case the one guy gets hurt. Lol.

Weve watched this play out over and over and over for 10 years and why some in this forum thinks we can win with a 2 td a year #2 wr and a 2 td a year te playing every passing snap i know that its Virtually impossible. So its like watching the wwe not football. Its just entertainment.

CWR

Reaction score
He didn't play last year. You have to look at when he played.

He was a medicore, low intelligence, always in his feelings player. He wont be missed. Gallup will be twice the wr.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His production dropped in 2015 and he shoulda been benched, Rotated, or cut then. He never had any elite skillsets. No elite footwork or separation skills and no hands to go up and get a ball skills = slot wr.

I agree with the criticisms of this talent, but Williams did have good production and great yards per target in 2016.

2017, teams got the number on our offense, especially our inability to beat press man coverage without help over the top on our outside WRs.

I think the mystery of his oversized production for limited skills was in being the most limited threat on the field. Teams would rather take away Zeke, Beasley, Dez, and Witten, and take their chances with Terrance.

The other part of the mystery is that stats are hard to come by on QB rating when thrown to. Some WRs are INT machines. I think Terrance was one of those. In 2010 targets to Roy accounted for half of Kitna's INTs, and they looked largely like Roy's fault to me. I remember some of those out of Terrance in 2017.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how anyone could argue this one. The man is a mess and contributed nothing last year. Good riddance.

Reactions: CWR