RELEASED Cowboys decline option on Terrance Williams

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Terrance---you will be missed.

r8ollKv.gif
The Giants will pick him up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Knew that was coming. Lol. He screwed himself. We game him every single chance. We paid him almost 3 million this past year. For nothing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Another casualty with Dak. T-Will hadn’t been very productive since Romo retired.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I agree with the criticisms of this talent, but Williams did have good production and great yards per target in 2016.

2017, teams got the number on our offense, especially our inability to beat press man coverage without help over the top on our outside WRs.

I think the mystery of his oversized production for limited skills was in being the most limited threat on the field. Teams would rather take away Zeke, Beasley, Dez, and Witten, and take their chances with Terrance.

The other part of the mystery is that stats are hard to come by on QB rating when thrown to. Some WRs are INT machines. I think Terrance was one of those. In 2010 targets to Roy accounted for half of Kitna's INTs, and they looked largely like Roy's fault to me. I remember some of those out of Terrance in 2017.

He had spoaratic success but he was never consistent every week from the day he got here. He was given a position he didnt earn based upon skillsets and drafting. Beasely is always consistent at getting open and moving the chains. They shoulda left him out there on every snap and moved beasely to the slot on 3rd downs.

Sometimes those stats like tws are skewed because they come in spirts. If you cant get open for 3-4 weeks and score and lose 2 games and then you play the Giants and washinton and get a bunch of padded completion stats and a td in blowout games youre not an everydown option imo. Maybe part of a rotation.

I still think the cowboys need a better tandem then Cooper and Beasely. I see Cooper as a mid-grade #1 or a great #2 wr based upon his Scoring Averages. Hes a 8 td a year player on paper. Dez was a 16 td a year player in his prime and he had the same te and #2 wr and rb and that offense wasnt playoff caliber either.

I hope cedric wilson is better than Gallop. Not too many rookies make it as a great everydown #2 wr when they only get 2 rinky dink tds playing all year. Id like to see odds on that happening.

Gallop has made some improvements but im still not seeing that elite skillset that resembles anything like the type of wr we need who can match Cooper for 8 tds. Do you see it???

He does stand out more than the baylor hype ever did but he got his 2 scores against Washington and Tampa bay which is concerning and we gotta have another wr or te that can score some points and keep the chains moving.

I always look at the plays to see if the receiver made something happen or if the defender blew the coverage. In the Washington game the defender clearly slipped on the grass when Gallop made his double move and Gallop was wide open for a td by 20 yards. In the Tampa game the defender turned inside and got beat outside. Decent coverage woulda snuffed out both scoring plays. I like to be optimistic but im a realist. Scoring outweighs everything in football. We'll know what we have by the 4th game next year if he has 2 tds. Anything else is just another Tw. You didnt see Cooper not get his 8tds last year. Of course 3 tds came against philly. Its no different then the te. If by the 3rd game he doesnt have a td its time to start rotating better personell groups

I really havent been watching all the games but i Iisten on the radio when im not watching so i cant always see all the snaps but ive been watching for 20 years and know their tendencies. Been burned out on the inept te core and #2 wr play and the one rb system for way too long. Its bunk imo with our personnel.

I watched the preseason and the first game or 2. I watched ricos debut game that he didnt do anything but block lol. And then of course amaris debut. At some point id like to watch someone go up and get a ball again who can score like dez or Gronk but those players dont come on a tree.

Of course i watched the Seattle game and the Rams game because i had bets on those that i won handily on. Lol

Maybe this is the year Jerry uses some of that cap stockpile to finally bring in a great #1 or #2wr for 8td and a Te for 6 who can move the chains effectively also. You cant rely on the same production from the same 2-3 weapons every year week in and year out. Cooper zeke and a spot played Beasely are the only skilled players with elite skillsets and there are no other players worth watching except Dak.

I was dissapointed they cut Scarborough and didnt use beasely and Austin in 10 personell so why im a fan of the team im 100% against the passing scheme without skilled players who can score. Too many games they are beat before the kickoff on paper because they cant beat the law of scoring averages. This offense is far from having the talent to win much more than a coinflip game. Lol.

When you dont have that red zone te or wr that can go up and get a ball you have to rely on the one rb or qb to run it in everytime that means you got te and receiver problems. They ran it in 12 times which is great. Now if they can find another 8-10 tds through the air they might be able to compete because the running tds are too spoaratic. Tom Brady doesnt run for many tds. Thats why they have 3-4 rbs with different skillsets. Thank goodness for dak. He won about 4-5 games for us with his legs like russell wilson but we still need a Jimmy Graham to contribute something or whats the point of having a te when hes putting the qb at risk of injury.

If im dak im asking for 25-30 million minimum if hes gotta carry the tes and rbs for 6 tds a year. Hes putting himself at risk

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Twill can take his 4 td a year avgs and go be a slot wr or part time #2 somewhere else. He was asked to do more than his abilities and its not his fault. Hes not an everydown wr by any means so its on the coaching not the player. Dont judge the player by just the receptions and yards. If you cant score what the scheme calls for then youre just not what the team needs. He could catch slants all day a few years back. Maybe someone else can scheme him open

Last edited:

sean10mm

Reaction score
Another casualty with Dak. T-Will hadn’t been very productive since Romo retired.

Not really. Romo targeted him more, but his catch rate was always poor (never reached 60%). Dak threw to him less often, but his catch % improved a lot.(as high as 72%, which is actually very good.)

Like a lot of things with Dak it was more of a mixed bag than OMG EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE IT'S ANOTHER RYAN LEAF or whatever.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys extended themselves as much as possible to render T. Williams successful. He blew it and only has himself to blame.

chagus

Reaction score
He was a more than decent WR2 for Romo and also had his fair share of clutch catches, despite being a "body catcher". Sucks that he messed himself up like he did but i did enjoy watching him play for my beloved Cowboys. Good luck T-Will.