Qcard

Reaction score
I didn't include 2018 and 2019...3 year rule

Carson

Reaction score
So with Crawford likely out this week, two will play lol

Wolfpack

Reaction score
One the reasons Rod was brought in was his ability to coach up mid-talent DL. Other than a few top tier picks, most of those guys are mid tier picks, so that was an obvious strategic choice by the FO brain trust. The Taco pick seems to be an admission of the need for talent following a poor
Previous defensive season.

John813

Reaction score
I think Sean Lissemore is the 4th-5th best player on that list.
Law
Collins
Crawford
Gregory(when he plays everyother year)
Lissemore.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Now do OL. And LB. And CB. I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig, we haven't been as successful on DL and that's plainly obvious. But I don't know what this thread is getting at. Should we fire Will McClay? He'd have his pick of NFL jobs if we did.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now do OL. And LB. And CB. I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig, we haven't been as successful on DL and that's plainly obvious. But I don't know what this thread is getting at. Should we fire Will McClay? He'd have his pick of NFL jobs if we did.

Fire Methuselah. The false prophet 'Rushmen whisperer'. The guy that went to bat for these busts like Taco Charlton, and brought in one disappointment after another like Henry Melton or Stephen Paea or Cedric Thornton.

Expose the overrated fraud for what he is. A guy living off of past glory that the game has passed by.

End this charade.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Fire Methuselah. The false prophet 'Rushmen whisperer'. The guy that went to bat for these busts like Taco Charlton, and brought in one disappointment after another like Henry Melton or Stephen Paea or Cedric Thornton.

Expose the overrated fraud for what he is. A guy living off of past glory that the game has passed by.

End this charade.
You have no idea how the selections are made and how a larger philosophy is at play here. As an organization they don't value DT and S as high as other positions and it's been proven over and over again. That's going to effect a lot of those decisions you disagree with. Are you sure that philosophy starts with Rod?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Charlton DE
Ivey DT
Carrell DT
Collins DT
Tapper DE
Gregory DE/OLB
Russell DE
Lawrence DE
Gardner DE
Bishop DT
Crawford DT
Lissermore DT

Definitely got SO much better once Rod got here
Crawford really the only hit before then

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have no idea how the selections are made and how a larger philosophy is at play here. As an organization they don't value DT and S as high as other positions and it's been proven over and over again. That's going to effect a lot of those decisions you disagree with. Are you sure that philosophy starts with Rod?

Actually, I am. I know people inside that building and I know exactly the part that Rod plays.

And from the outside, I can see where the biggest area of disappointment continues to come from. Rod and his Rushmen.

And folks like you will try to defend him now, just like you tried with Linehan, and then when he's gone you'll try to pretend like you never said a word. I've seen it a million times.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

7 of those misses were picked after the 3rd round where the likelyhood of a kid making it is very low to begin with. Of the remaining 5, only Taco is a clear miss.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Actually, I am. I know people inside that building and I know exactly the part that Rod plays.

And from the outside, I can see where the biggest area of disappointment continues to come from. Rod and his Rushmen.

And folks like you will try to defend him now, just like you tried with Linehan, and then when he's gone you'll try to pretend like you never said a word. I've seen it a million times.
Point out one post in the past two years where I defended Linehan - I'll wait. Talking out of your butt again, I see. And you are making crap up with this inside knowledge claim.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Point out one post in the past two years where I defended Linehan - I'll wait. Talking out of your butt again, I see.

Here you go, May of this year. You tried to absolve your boy of not using Tavon Austin at all last year

Sorry bud, but if 14 offensive touches over five games constitutes even part of a career year then that proved my point. Fool's gold. All promise, no delivery. I mean 2 WHOLE TOUCHDOWNS! And if it were anybody else, YOU would be the first one on the small sample size bandwagon with that 17.5 YPR nonsense. You can blame Linehan if you want, but he's not the first OC to work with the guy with little to show for it.

EDIT: He played in 7 games (not 5), which actually helps my point.

And you are making crap up with this inside knowledge claim.

I'm sure that you'd like to think so. It's obvious that the truth really hurts you. You'll try anything to revise history.

I personally don't care whether you believe me or not. I know the truth and now so do you and now you can't unsee it.