News: Cowboys DL Coach Jim Tomsula Fired

Mr_437

Reaction score
Hopefully the Joneses don't pull another half azz coaching search like last year, heck get some guys in here they don't know and be open to being wowed by somebody.

Edwards is boring and he was somewhat part of this mess. Give me someone young, talented and hungry or a guy who's a tried and true problem for OCs weekly.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
What I want to know is is this what Mike wanted, jerry wanted or both?
And was it Mike's decision to make?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What I want to know is is this what Mike wanted, jerry wanted or both?
And was it Mike's decision to make?

Mike caused the problem when he talked Jerry into hiring Nolan.

they won’t make the same mistake twice.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hopefully the Joneses don't pull another half azz coaching search like last year, heck get some guys in here they don't know and be open to being wowed by somebody.

Edwards is boring and he was somewhat part of this mess. Give me someone young, talented and hungry or a guy who's a tried and true problem for OCs weekly.

100%......he couldn't stop the bleeding either. He's not the answer IMO...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They fired Tomsula to give Nolan someone to play checkers with and they should be considering a poker game of 6.

They should fire the entire D coaching staff on the worst D in Cowboys history. The Cowboys D could be good with some different coaches and players.

lukin2006

Reaction score
What, wait...but why? The head coach should be fired fir hiring these lousy coaches.

Brax

Reaction score
This is a huge indictment on McCarthy.
No it is not, if it was MM would of been the first to go, this is this years scape goat for Jerry and MM's total failure. Remember Jerry opened his check book for Kellen to keep him here. If MM fails again next year look for mid season Boy wonder part 2 in a stadium near you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nolan has a demonstrated history of sucking as a DC. Tomsula has a demonstrated history of being a good DL coach. Jerry has a demonstrated history of being a terrible GM.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Man, wasn't expecting that one, but bump it, clean house Jerry. More names?
I totally agree, I'm waiting for the purge to trickle down to the players on this horrible team. Time to make a statement that says, " Overpaid, Underachievers BEWARE!".

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I can command a coach for admitting a mistake....but damn is that a failure....imagine had the whole team been healthy and the defense is what held them back......

You going to "command" or "commend" the coach, because you can't command him to do anything. lol

Creeper

Reaction score
Must be something we don't know. The DL was bad, but that's because they didn't really have any good DTs. They ended the season playing Hamilton and Ankou a lot of snaps and they were way better than the rejects they were when Dallas signed them. I am happy with the progress Gallimore made. Look what they got from Gregory and Aldon Smith. The defense was bad but I didn't have a problem with the coaching of the DL. They just don't have any talent on the DL. Who is the LBs coach. Now he needs a good talking to.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Dude totally wasted Bradley Anaes rookie season

- and didn't see fit to give Gregory more than 20% snaps

-And glowing in his wake is one of the worse run defense we ever had

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he fired those two, just think about what he will do to the coach, that did not challenge that play.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Mike caused the problem when he talked Jerry into hiring Nolan.

they won’t make the same mistake twice.
yes...because the gm here has a great track record of hiring asst's.
no thanks.
let mccarthy do it.
his staff.