CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

Blitzen

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys need better than Rush and Dak.

Neither guy is the answer at QB.

Eventually we're going to need the offense to step up and I don't trust either guy to do it when it matters.

At least with Rush you have the unknown. We know what we have with Dak.

catiii

Reaction score
Dak would've blown some of these games w interceptions and saks. Rush played it exactly as he should have w this D. Strategy. Dak ain't accurate and never has been. Behind receivers, at the ground...Rams would've grabbed a bunch of interceptions and clobbered us if Dak had been in.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

One of the biggest wastes of cap dollars in the History of the NFL!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It depends on your goal. If you think you're going to win a championship with 100 yards passing and holding everyone to 10 points, good luck.

With the rise of the defense, QB has become one of the weaker links on the team. I'm not sure there's a championship-caliber QB on the roster.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This entire post is dumb. Yes they need Dak. End of story

links18

Reaction score

Eventually we're going to need the offense to step up and I don't trust either guy to do it when it matters.

I think we know what Rush is by now. He's a bus driver who doesn't make many mistakes, but he won't win you many shoot outs either. Sooner or later we will need the passing offense to be more dynamic to keep winning and Rush doesn't seem the guy for that.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Malarkey

Lickidyslick

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush isn't as good as Dak. It's really that simple.

If Dak had played the last 2 weeks, those games wouldn't have been close.
Or maybe dak would have been off target as usual and got an interception and lost the game. We've seen it over and over he doesn't win big games. Especially with a bad thumb I'm not sure he is better than Rush.

More athletic? Absolutely. But Rush has shown he's smarter and more poised in the pocket than dak is. Dak has dissapointed us time and time again. Rush hasn't. Give him a chance until he proves he sucks. Because so far he's proved to be a solid clutch QB

leeblair

Reaction score

That's easy to say after the fact, but the truth is that Dak would have shut down in the first halves of those games, then racked up stats against loose defenses after the games were out of reach.
Rush is more accurate than Dak, and he understands what he's trying to accomplish. The receivers are having to adjust to the ball actually reaching them, and dropping some because of that.
Dak assumes the coaches will have to figure something out after each three-and-out he presides over.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They don’t need Dak to beat trash. But when it’s time to score at least 20 points? They will need someone because it ain’t Rush.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Just speculation. We can never really compare them as each game has independent variables. I am saying Rush is an unknown (though I will believe it when I see it-like I would do with any QB). They aren’t even asking Rush to do very much-because they do not need it and probably do not trust him.