CFZ Cowboys Dodge Elements as Old Man Winter Beats Up Santa

T-RO

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't had a game this year where they've faced any of the trio of trouble: wind, cold, wet. Nor will they on Sunday, playing in the cozy enclosure of their dome.

The Cowboys might still see weather impact them, Dec 29 in Nashville and January 8 at Washington.

But oh my, this weekend will see three things collide: A possibly record-breaking weather system pulling Arctic air into half the country, Christmas, and a full slate of football games.

How about these outdoor games (forecasted temps)?

Remember wind chill could make it much worse. Wind chills in some parts of country are expected to go to FIFTY-SIXTY BELOW ZERO.

Buffalo @ Chicago (2-12 F)
New Orleans @ Cleveland (9-16 F)
Houston @ Tennessee (10-18 F)
Seattle @ Kansas City (1-16 F)
Cincinatti @ New England (20-29 F)
Detroit @ Charlotte (16-33 F)
Atlanta @ Baltimore (19-27 F)
Las Vegas @ Pittsburgh (8-9 F)

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
this team needs to play in a 1981 afc championship game condition then ill take em serious

no -50 wind chill no cowboys

if your underwear doesnt crack and pierce your skin when you fall it aint game conditions and aint cold enough

T-RO

Reaction score
This thing is crazy. Talk of...

Deep freeze
50-70 mph winds
Road closures
Power outages
Blizzard

CWR

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't had a game this year where they've faced any of the trio of trouble: wind, cold, wet. Nor will they on Sunday, playing in the cozy enclosure of their dome.

The Cowboys might still see weather impact them, Dec 29 in Nashville and January 8 at Washington.

But oh my, this weekend will see three things collide: A possibly record-breaking weather system pulling Arctic air into half the country, Christmas, and a full slate of football games.

How about these outdoor games (forecasted temps)?

Remember wind chill could make it much worse. Wind chills in some parts of country are expected to go to FIFTY-SIXTY BELOW ZERO.

Buffalo @ Chicago (2-12 F)
New Orleans @ Cleveland (9-16 F)
Houston @ Tennessee (10-18 F)
Seattle @ Kansas City (1-16 F)
Cincinatti @ New England (20-29 F)
Detroit @ Charlotte (16-33 F)
Atlanta @ Baltimore (19-27 F)
Las Vegas @ Pittsburgh (8-9 F)

Nice thread, thanks for sharing. I'll be paying attention to my fantasy playoffs line up and the weather fo sho.

T-RO

Reaction score
where exactly?

Lots of places are expected to see severe weather cold and wind. Hard freeze into south Texas.

Billings Montana already -24 wind chill.

Dallas wind chill Thursday night expected -20 to -30.

Only some areas expected to see notable snow/ice.

Just reporting what I read on weather services. Some disparity/uncertainty on models.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Seriously folks...if you are planning on travel this week...do check the weather and plan accordingly. Could get extreme for lots of places. Could be delays, cancellations, closures in places.

Could be power outages even if you are staying at home.

Good news: it will only be severe for couple of days.

T-RO

Reaction score
I spent eight years of my life in Alaska. Did work a bit on the northern extreme of the state, right on the Arctic ocean.

Do recall one time where my boss had failed to furnish our trucks with extreme winter attire, and we almost stalled out in a blizzard with 40 below wind chills. It's absolutely no joke to say: if we'd got stalled...we would have died. In some situations there simply is no cavalry, no rescue party. And in 50 below wind chill...you hit hypothermia fast.

The irony? Our work mission was the design of safety training to workers there. I soon left that company.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I’m born and raised from there. It’s hard to predict that virginia / Maryland weather. I’m in shorts one day and in a snow suit the next
Absolutely - grew up in Virginia. Married on January 27th - it was 70 degrees that day!

T-RO

Reaction score
As of now, Nashville 51 degrees and a chance of showers on Thursday night with up to 15 mph wind.

Yup. The Mild before the Wild.

This storm is expected to bring some of the largest and quickest temperature plunges some of us have ever experienced. The winds are going to cause cancellation of lots and lots of flights. Road travel in some places forecast to be difficult, if not impossible.

50 degrees in Denver right now. Supposed to dive to negative 10 by midnight. Windchill of -31.

Players in several cities are going to be begging for delay or cancellation.

Last edited:

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Thank GOD I live in Phoenix. I feel for you guys and ladies. My family is in RI and gonna get it too! Be safe people.