Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY ONE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is not taking the DE Jermaine Johnson from FSU. Not only a position of need (with Randy Gregory gone), but an incredible value pick at #24.

I guess the Cowboys felt they'd have a better chance of getting a starting defensive end than an OG when they pick in the second round. So they opted to secure their OL pick first, instead of the other way around. That's the only way I can make sense out of this. Time will tell.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah but they haven't paid their average QB elite money.
We're talking about compensation vs production of the two players. Finances are irrelevant and Dallas could've made it work with Coop. Instead they traded him for next to nothing.

Sydla

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is not taking the DE Jermaine Johnson from FSU. Not only a position of need (with Randy Gregory gone), but an incredible value pick at #24.

I guess the Cowboys felt they'd have a better chance of getting a starting defensive end than an OG when they pick in the second round. So they opted to secure their OL pick first, instead of the other way around. That's the only way I can make sense out of this. Time will tell.

Nick Bonitto is a guy I’d like to see them add.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to hear the secret Audio call when he was being drafted.
Jerry….we want to draft you, but you must hold less than your predecessor…
Tyler….yes I can keep it to under 5 per game…
:lmao:

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Last time the cowboys drafted some a round early because of "raw athletic ability" we got Trysten Hill......

Not suprised fans are jaded by the pick. Especially when there's a decent chance he'd still be on the board when they pick tomorrow at #56
First off Trysten was a second round selection. Second of all, he had no prepossessing traits, wasn’t particularly big or fast. He just had a quick, first step that caught the eyes of a senile Rod Marinelli; the most overrated D coordinator of all time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont understand why people are upset over this.

They have depth at DE and DT. We see they need upgrades, but by sheer numbers they aren’t drafting anybody early. We can debate and argue it but they like who they have.

Keep in mind, guys like Ebiketie, Mafe, Hall, Travis Jones, Winfrey, Sam Williams are all on the board.

We likely get a two of DE-WR-TE and head to day 3

We have depth at DE?? We literally have a bottom 5 DT group........maybe bottom 2. You don't draft projects in round 1. You draft starters. There were 6 OTs that went ahead of him. Why? B/c he is a project.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

They have depth at DE and DT. We see they need upgrades, but by sheer numbers they aren’t drafting anybody early. We can debate and argue it but they like who they have.

Keep in mind, guys like Ebiketie, Mafe, Hall, Travis Jones, Winfrey, Sam Williams are all on the board.

We did need OL
Wished we would have signed one in free agency

Sydla

Reaction score

Depth at DE? They have Lawrence and a bunch of JAGs. The position needs legitimate talent and they passed on arguably the best or 2nd best edge rusher.

Why do people equate warm bodies with depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.