Twitter: Cowboys draft praised by fellow NFL brain trusts

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dan’s sources praise Cowboys draft haul...”

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “I’ve always liked Dan and his sources....now that’s journalism!”

“Dan’s sources are critical of Dallas...”

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “Who the hell is Dan? And if he’s not naming sources then it’s FAKE NEWS for clicks!!!!”
That is perfect

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ContentThriftyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif
:laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “I’ve always liked Dan and his sources....now that’s journalism!”

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “Who the hell is Dan? And if he’s not naming sources then it’s FAKE NEWS for clicks!!!!”
:clap:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

That’s because CZ isn’t monolithic. Any possible reaction you will find.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You cannot judge a draft after the draft.
All we and most others know is what we’ve read or heard.
Everything depends on
  • The scheme fit and coaching, including how a guy is used
  • The player’s physical and mental ability to execute what the coach wants from the position
  • The player’s heart and work ethic

Verdict

Reaction score
The theme that I keep seeing, (and my gut reaction is worried that it’s true) is that the three third round picks were essentially shooting blanks, but that the picks in round four were steals.

I love the fact that the round 4 players were viewed as steals. But if we missed on the picks in round three (yet to be determined) what a waste of draft capital.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The theme that I keep seeing, (and my gut reaction is worried that it’s true) is that the three third round picks were essentially shooting blanks, but that the picks in round four were steals.

I love the fact that the round 4 players were viewed as steals. But if we missed on the picks in round three (yet to be determined) what a waste of draft capital.

Feels like those 3rd rounders were drafted for a hybrid mix of 4-3 and 3-4 concepts that Dan Quinn wants to run. Neither guy is a 4-3 prototype in my opinion and Wright was a total Quinn reach pick. He either looks like a genius or a fool on that one.

CWR

Reaction score
Way too early obviously but, the make up of this new defense excites me. If one of these long, rangy corners hit to pair with diggs we are a play making safety away from solidifying the secondary

Kazee is a play maker. I just hope he's recovered.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
You cannot judge a draft after the draft.
All we and most others know is what we’ve read or heard.
Everything depends on
  • The scheme fit and coaching, including how a guy is used
  • The player’s physical and mental ability to execute what the coach wants from the position
  • The player’s heart and work ethic

Agree. The only thing we can be sure of is that of the 11, only a few will end up being legit starters and/or stick around. It’s just reality. Who that will be is another question. At least you had more guys this year to throw a dart at.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like the OO pick after looking at things more closely.

Think he will make a difference in the rotation.

The Iowa guy....I'm failing to see much of an upside to speak of, but if they are looking to keep dudes fresh with a deep rotation, sounds fine to me.

I can't make sense of the Wright pick no matter how I attempt to rationalize things.

At any rate, the numbers up front suggest the entitlement days may be over, and that in itself is a victory.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
1/12. Micah Parsons LB Penn St.
2/43. Trevon Moehrig FS TCU (From SF)
3/75. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford
3/84. Tommy Togiai DT Ohio St.
3/99. James Hudson LT Cincinnati
4/115. Joshua Kaindoh DE FSU
4/138. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis
5/179. Ben Mason FB Michigan
6/192. Deonte Brown LG Alabama
6/227. To SF
7/238. Khyiris Tonga NT BYU
for me, you can leave all the cowboys picks just shuffle them around & use your 75 & 84 and we aren't having this conversation. It would be a very solid draft. I could name a couple different combinations that would have worked at 75 & 84. FWIW, I do like your 138. I was thinking we might snag one of the RB's to have some insurance in case Zeke doesn't play well or is injured.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My guess is the Bengals’ and Raiders’ scouts were quite jealous of our ability to pick all character red flags.

Honestly, it seems like an efficient portfolio draft. Tons of risk grouped with some high floor, high character guys in the 3rd, 5th and sixth.
High floor for the 3rd rounders?

Not sure I agree there.