Twitter: Cowboys draft praised by fellow NFL brain trusts

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This MIGHT turn out to be a great draft like the 1975 one, but we have no way of knowing if that's the case just yet. None of our draftees have played a single down in the NFL yet. You simply don't ever know if your draft was good until a few years have gone by. I have a good feeling about many of these players, but that's just a hunch, and I've been wrong before.

I've always found it ludicrous to grade a draft right after it's done. You need about 4 to 5 years to grade it accurately.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Ball was a good get. Had he not slapped his girl he probably does go in the 2nd.

Just watched his highlight real vs UAB....spends a lot of time diving @ guys feet. He looked tired in the 2nd half....really sluggish. Didn't finish the game....got beat a couple times w/ straight up swim moves...and just about got his QB killed. Looked like a classic Conner Williams moment.

If you ask me....the guy looks like a stiff. Won't shock me if Knight ends up being our left tackle backup again.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Its all a ploy to keep Jerry in the game. Most of them hate us. Keep complimenting him and bestowing awards on him and he'll never leave.
and you thought he might leave if ????????????? Jerry will leave the day he dies. Im in no hurry for that to happen.

dwmyers

Reaction score
There was a sportswriter named Rick Reilly who used to do NFL redrafts. And the Redraft articles were incredibly funny and to the point.

I think he's out of that gig and doing other things these days. His Nothing but Nets campaign seems to be something he is really proud of.

And others have said it better, but to echo them, "Ratings don't mean a thing till the players start playing."

D-

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My guess is the Bengals’ and Raiders’ scouts were quite jealous of our ability to pick all character red flags.

Honestly, it seems like an efficient portfolio draft. Tons of risk grouped with some high floor, high character guys in the 3rd, 5th and sixth.
Character gets you nothing in the NFL. I want players that want to punch people right in the mouth. Football is about dominating your opponent physically.... not who is the nicest most stable character. We've had lots of great character guys..... Give me a few more James Washingtons.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Oh but if I posted a negative review you'd be all over it.
Are you arguing with yourself here?

I know that the kids these days are all about getting social media clout by claiming they have DID or MPD, so I guess we are seeing at least two of your alters. The “Jerry Buttkisser” and the “Cowboy Hater”

And, of course, there’s the “master” alter, the “Likes Collector”

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There was a sportswriter named Rick Reilly who used to do NFL redrafts. And the Redraft articles were incredibly funny and to the point.

I think he's out of that gig and doing other things these days. His Nothing but Nets campaign seems to be something he is really proud of.

And others have said it better, but to echo them, "Ratings don't mean a thing till the players start playing."

D-
Ya I haven't heard from Reilly in a while. I used to read his stuff alot in print back in the day

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dan’s sources praise Cowboys draft haul...”

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “I’ve always liked Dan and his sources....now that’s journalism!”

“Dan’s sources are critical of Dallas...”

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “Who the hell is Dan? And if he’s not naming sources then it’s FAKE NEWS for clicks!!!!”

Don’t forget!

“Dan’s sources are critical of Dallas...“

Cowboyszone’s reaction: “THIS!!! I’ve been saying for years that ever since Landry was run off, the team has been in the toilet! Thank God we have Dan to call it like it is!”

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know that Joseph was the 3rd best CB in the draft but he was the best on the board at #44 IMO. I think he is going to surprise some people.

Cox was a steal and is going to be a very good player in Dallas. Big improvement in pass coverage over Jaylon Smith. And the more I read of Ball, I think teams were afraid to draft him because of incidents in his past. But if he stay on good behavior, as he has for 3 years, he is going to be a good player too. Both Cox and Ball could have been 2nd round picks.

The only problem with the Cowboys draft is the 3rd round.

Hardline

Reaction score
Unless these "front office" sources want to go on record by name I dont care.