CFZ Cowboys - Eagles Matchups

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Currently….
  • WRs - adv Eagles as they have 2 big playmakers and an explosive #3. Dallas has a very good #1 and a so-so #2.
  • TEs - adv Eagles as Goedert is best and will be back; Cowboys are deeper
  • OL - close, probably a push - we definitely lose at LG and C.
  • RB - adv Dallas
  • QB - even the haters would not have favored Hurts this summer, but he’s definitely been better in that offense with those weapons and OL…unless you want to argue against all the numbers, accept it.
  • DL - push; Eagles better inside; Cowboys better outside
  • LBs - push
  • Secondary - Dallas lost 2 starting CBs for the year while Eagles finally gave Slay a partner in Bradberry. Adv Eagles at CB; It’s close, but I give Cowboys the edge at S.
  • Special Teams - push in my opinion, though I think we have the better punter. It worries me that we are losing key players in covering kicks because they now must start on defense
  • Coaching…personally, I like Dallas
On paper, position by position, Eagles get the same advantage we see in the records. If we hadn’t lost 2 corners and could have added a healthy OBJ to help the receiving corps, I’d feel really good about Dallas vs Philly. But we are weaker at WR and CB, areas the Eagles got stronger at this year.

The Cowboys can win in a few weeks and in the playoffs, but they shouldn’t be favored, and I think it will require some heroics.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
  • WRs - adv Eagles as they have 2 big playmakers and an explosive #3. Dallas has a very good #1 and a so-so #2.--Their #3 will be playing injured for now. Still give the Eagles an advantage here.
  • TEs - adv Eagles as Goedert is best and will be back; Cowboys are deeper--Agree. Goedart might be the 3rd best TE now behind Kelce and Andrews, but they have no one behind him who is a threat.
  • OL - close, probably a push - we definitely lose at LG and C.--Add in RT for them as an advantage. Truthfully, our line has been very good, I'd say Top-5 good. But I think the Eagles have the best line in the NFL
  • RB - adv Dallas--Yes, this one is Dallas easy
  • QB - even the haters would not have favored Hurts this summer, but he’s definitely been better in that offense with those weapons and OL…unless you want to argue against all the numbers, accept it.--Ugh, yeah...
  • DL - push; Eagles better inside; Cowboys better outside--Agree with this.
  • LBs - push--Agree with this
  • Secondary - Dallas lost 2 starting CBs for the year while Eagles finally gave Slay a partner in Bradberry. Adv Eagles at CB; It’s close, but I give Cowboys the edge at S.--They lost CJ Gardner-Johnson at S and a guy who could allow their CB's to go one-on-one more. I give Dallas a clear advantage at S
  • Special Teams - push in my opinion, though I think we have the better punter. It worries me that we are losing key players in covering kicks because they now must start on defense--Both teams have excellent kickers, but our punter pushes this to the Boys.
  • Coaching…personally, I like Dallas--I think their D coordinater is butt. Lean Dallas here.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I don't think Dallas plays the Eagles this week.:huh:

I hate Philly, the whole city smells like trash and the people of Phillly are just plain terrible people. I am not giving Philly an advantage on anything after seeing this Dallas team shred 2 teams to death.

Go Dallas!!!

817Gill

Reaction score
Am I the only one who’s not really that high on Davonte Smith? He’s as number 2 as a number 2 can be lol. He’s not a Chris Godwin/Mike Williams/Tee Higgins borderline 1 type of WR. He’s right in the middle of the pack of WR’s.

Watkins is fast and that’s about it. AJ Brown makes them both a lot better obviously but I’m really not too impressed by Smith especially as a top 10 pick.

Does he seem like a top 10 drafted WR to y’all? Seems more like his hype has been greater than his production save for a few big games which every WR2 has. Genuinely feel like a healthy MG is a rung higher than Smith.

DanA

Reaction score
Currently….
  • WRs - adv Eagles as they have 2 big playmakers and an explosive #3. Dallas has a very good #1 and a so-so #2. Agreed
  • TEs - adv Eagles as Goedert is best and will be back; Cowboys are deeper Disagree, our TE room is better IMO outweighs the advantage of Goedert over Shultz, especially blocking
  • OL - close, probably a push - we definitely lose at LG and C. Disagree, theirs is better
  • RB - adv Dallas Agree
  • QB - even the haters would not have favored Hurts this summer, but he’s definitely been better in that offense with those weapons and OL…unless you want to argue against all the numbers, accept it. Agree
  • DL - push; Eagles better inside; Cowboys better outside Agree they are better inside, we are better outside but I think we are better overall
  • LBs - push Disagree, I think our LB's are better with LVE, Barr and now clarke
  • Secondary - Dallas lost 2 starting CBs for the year while Eagles finally gave Slay a partner in Bradberry. Adv Eagles at CB; It’s close, but I give Cowboys the edge at S. Agree
  • Special Teams - push in my opinion, though I think we have the better punter. It worries me that we are losing key players in covering kicks because they now must start on defense Disagree, we are better. Better gunners, better punter, better return guy, Maher has been money this year.
  • Coaching…personally, I like Dallas Not sure, kind of a push for me
Just my opinion but I think we are better overall with Dak and the running back combo putting us over the top.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Currently….
  • WRs - adv Eagles as they have 2 big playmakers and an explosive #3. Dallas has a very good #1 and a so-so #2. Agreed
  • TEs - adv Eagles as Goedert is best and will be back; Cowboys are deeper Disagree, our TE room is better IMO outweighs the advantage of Goedert over Shultz, especially blocking
  • OL - close, probably a push - we definitely lose at LG and C. Disagree, theirs is better
  • RB - adv Dallas Agree
  • QB - even the haters would not have favored Hurts this summer, but he’s definitely been better in that offense with those weapons and OL…unless you want to argue against all the numbers, accept it. Agree
  • DL - push; Eagles better inside; Cowboys better outside Agree they are better inside, we are better outside but I think we are better overall
  • LBs - push Disagree, I think our LB's are better with LVE, Barr and now clarke
  • Secondary - Dallas lost 2 starting CBs for the year while Eagles finally gave Slay a partner in Bradberry. Adv Eagles at CB; It’s close, but I give Cowboys the edge at S. Agree
  • Special Teams - push in my opinion, though I think we have the better punter. It worries me that we are losing key players in covering kicks because they now must start on defense Disagree, we are better. Better gunners, better punter, better return guy, Maher has been money this year.
  • Coaching…personally, I like Dallas Not sure, kind of a push for me
Just my opinion but I think we are better overall with Dak and the running back combo putting us over the top.

"Disagree, our TE room is better IMO outweighs the advantage of Goedert over Shultz, especially blocking"

What made Ertz truly expendable was Goedart's excellent blocking, one of the best at his position.

Sydla

Reaction score
TE is interesting. Goedert is the best and it's not even close but if you are going by depth, the Cowboys definitely come out ahead.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
TE is interesting. Goedert is the best and it's not even close but if you are going by depth, the Cowboys definitely come out ahead.
Yes. Their backup TE's are good blockers but not good in the passing game. It's Goedart or prayer time at that position for them.

RS12

Reaction score
Game as most are will be decided in the trenches. That turnovers and penalties.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
On a side note, today was Tyrons first day back at practice. :starspin:

Not sure at this point that Tyron's going to be that much better than the other Smith, he's not the Tyron of 2011, etc. and legs (he had a hamstring injury as we all know) are a big part of being a LT, obviously he couldn't do leg work for most of the time he's been off.

He still has the smarts and should still have the upper body strength, including the awesome grip we hear so much about.

I have to say I'd put him at maybe 10% better than Tyler Smith at this point. That might be enough to make a measurable difference, but it's not like we're getting Smith in his prime instead of some JAG....

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
That's a very fair breakdown. Agree with the poster who said Gardner Johnson is a big loss for them. You could almost pencil him for a pick against Dak the way he jumps routes. It would have been the GB game all over again where that one safety read Dak's eyes to get the 2 picks. I also think Miles Sanders is one of the most under rated players in the league, but still have to give advantage to Cowboys. Head coach is big advantage to the birds I think, rest of coaching is a push and maybe small edge to Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes. Their backup TE's are good blockers but not good in the passing game. It's Goedart or prayer time at that position for them.

I've seen some of their fans try to pimp Stoll as having a high ceiling but I haven't seen it.

DanA

Reaction score
Not sure at this point that Tyron's going to be that much better than the other Smith, he's not the Tyron of 2011, etc. and legs (he had a hamstring injury as we all know) are a big part of being a LT, obviously he couldn't do leg work for most of the time he's been off.

He still has the smarts and should still have the upper body strength, including the awesome grip we hear so much about.

I have to say I'd put him at maybe 10% better than Tyler Smith at this point. That might be enough to make a measurable difference, but it's not like we're getting Smith in his prime instead of some JAG....

I think Tyron will be fringe pro-bowl level (not all-pro) which is a decent upgrade on Tyler. I also think Tyler is a comparable upgrade on McGovern but it's a bit of a projection as we haven't seen enough of it.

Plankton

Reaction score
To me, the way to judge the matchups are not same position group against same position group (WR vs WR, etc), but the offensive/defensive matchup. DeVonta Smith and AJ Brown are not matching up against CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup - they match up against Trevon Diggs and Kelvin Joseph.