News: Cowboys expected to waive Taco Charlton, barring last-minute trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
Two notable examples there, thanks. Funny footnote, we actually ended up signing Underwood and he played for us for like two years.

Reading up on him, man I hope he got some help.

He used to write about the Apocalypse during team meetings instead of taking notes. And the whole trying to commit suicide with a sword.
Did good with us the first year all things considered

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Half of that is Taco's malfunction but half of that is NFL will teams will give a first round pick ten chances before cutting ties. Dallas is one of the few teams where Taco would be fighting for a roster spot instead of being handed a starting job just because of his draft position.

Dallas has stuck with plenty of players that everyone knew couldn't play. The aforementioned Gavin Escobar being a recent example. And we can go Chaz Green if need be for another. They don't get any credit for 'pulling the plug' here either. The time to do that was before they ever thought about drafting this clown.

Ereck Flowers was drafted 9th overall and couldn't play from the start, that is a much bigger draft bust than this fiasco.

Why this compulsion to point to another team's blunders? Does it help you to try to minimize our own?

Kaiser

Reaction score
So is it better to cut bait when a player sucks or keep hoping for the best?

That's known as Darrius Heyward-Bey Syndrome. He was drafted 7th overall and has had the career of a 4th round pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So is it better to cut bait when a player sucks or keep hoping for the best?

Better would be drafting the better option that was starting the, in the face. Better would not having made this monumental blunder in the first place.

But there's no 'sugar coating' it or the stench of failure now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What a damn waste of a pick - the problem with all of this is half the board could see this coming the second we drafted the bum.
I didn't expect a start, but at least a good rotational guy..

his attitude sucks. he acts entitled...

well, you can't win them all.....overall drafts have been good. wish we could get this one back.

and no, this board doesn't know anything about drafts...they think they do....

Kaiser

Reaction score
The next time you want to check your brain at the door and assume "the Cowboys know better", just remember ol' Taco, and think for yourself more often.

Then you can remember ol' Forum meltdown over drafting Frederick instead of Shariff Floyd and think improvement comes from having more hits than misses.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should have cut him yesterday. Taco Tuesday!!!!!! Our FO screwed up again!! Lol!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I can't be too upset...we were bound to have a few busts after hitting on so many 1st rounders this decade. It's too bad but best to just move on

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this stage you could give Miami the game's plan on paper and they won't know what to do with it

And I think Taco's would be the last 'brain you'd want to pick anyway'.

"Just make sure you take that stupid nickname you brought in, out the door with ya!"

garyo1954

Reaction score
Not THE SUPREME TACO!
Please say it isn't so!
My world is crumbling.

Ruined the greatest sack celebration the NFL has ever seen!

giphy.gif

Reaction score
Better would be drafting the better option that was starting the, in the face. Better would not having made this monumental blunder in the first place.

But there's no 'sugar coating' it or the stench of failure now.

In my opinion the fault lies with Charlton, he's the head case, blaming our coaches and personnel people serves no purpose other than feeding the odd desire to scapegoat our own.

I will say that this Tristan kid better better pan out though, otherwise Marinelli will be banned from the draft room.

Status
Not open for further replies.