News: Cowboys FA 2022: Greg Zuerlein signs with Jets, turns down offer from Dallas

Carson

Reaction score
Who the hell takes a pay cut, gets offered equal = same money elsewhere then wants to opt to go back to their old job?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe it was their intention all along for him to leave. That's why they offered him less salary, knowing or hoping he would reject it and go elsewhere. Or our FO is still clueless to how terrible Greg Z is!! LOL

links18

Reaction score
We wanted him back after all? Par for the course from this organization. Maybe Terrence Steele can kick too, if he is so darn good.

Carson

Reaction score
Now watch Dallas trade a 5th to the Jets for Eddy Pineiro

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zuerlein won’t have to worry about as many PAT’s with the Jets but he’s going to have a lot more FG attempts.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I'm surprised he got an offer from Dallas at all.

And the funny thing was it wasn't even enough for Greg Zuerlein after last season what did he even get offered, $15 an hour??

lol in all honesty he probably just wanted a change of scenery after struggling.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Purely intentional. We don't have a kicker and we'll fish something out of the bargain barrel right before training camp.

We have a kicker, Chris Naggar, but we're probably about as sure about him as we are about Zuerlein improving a year removed from back surgery.

Kind of reminds me of the Chris Jones situation. We refused to give up on him even though injuries had clearly deteriorated his skills. We then were forced to replace him and found Niswander, who did a good job in his half-season audition. It wasn't enough to keep us from bringing in Anger, which proved to be a good move, but we can at least hope being forced to move on from Zuerlein will work out as well.