Cowboys favored by 3

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was a bit suprised with all the injuries that Dallas is dealing with to see we are being favored in this game.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This could actually benefit us, because there's going to be alot of money put on the Giants, so if the NFL is rigged???? :laugh1:

(j/k of course)

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
That actually makes it even, I believe Vegas automatically gives the home team 3 points.

ethiostar

Reaction score
I guess that means the teams match up pretty evenly, since the home team is given 3pts because of home field advantage.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Well, that's going to give the whiney Giants, who can't be motivated unless they feel they're being disrespected, something to rally around.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people still think gambling figures mean anything in relation to the actual game.

The numbers have nothing to do with the teams playing and everything to do with gambling.

Kilyin

Reaction score
TheCount;2480742 said:
I'm not sure why people still think gambling figures mean anything in relation to the actual game.

The numbers have nothing to do with the teams playing and everything to do with gambling.

And this gets explained every week, but these threads still pop up regardless... "WOW I CANT BELIEVE SUCHANDSUCH TEAM IS FAVORED BY X POINTS. VEGAS SURE IZ DUMB!@#@$$%"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCount;2480742 said:

True it has everything to do with gambling but they place odds on the likelyhood of the outcome. Evidently they see this as a close game thus the 3 point spread in the meantime Indy is 17 point favor over the Lions.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480715 said:
I was a bit suprised with all the injuries that Dallas is dealing with to see we are being favored in this game.

I think (could be wrong) that you get three for being the home team by itself...thus, this is more of a pick 'em

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's the amount of money more than the talent that determines the odds but injuries, weather, and team talent are rolled into it.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480779 said:
True it has everything to do with gambling but they place odds on the likelyhood of the outcome. Evidently they see this as a close game thus the 3 point spread in the meantime Indy is 17 point favor over the Lions.

They place odds in the middle of public perception in order to get an even amount of betting on both sides (thereby guaranteeing a profit). The betting public sees Indianapolis as much better than Detroit, so the line is extremely high. The betting public sees Dallas as having a decent chance to win this game, but not a clear one, which is why we're favored by 3.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2481176 said:
They place odds in the middle of public perception in order to get an even amount of betting on both sides (thereby guaranteeing a profit). The betting public sees Indianapolis as much better than Detroit, so the line is extremely high. The betting public sees Dallas as having a decent chance to win this game, but not a clear one, which is why we're favored by 3.

Is that you Norm Hitzges?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2481176 said:

Yes I understand that the betting public thinks this will be a close game and they think the Indy game will be more likely of a blowout game thus the point difference. I'm not saying the odds makers are picking Dallas to win they are setting the odds for what they think will be a close game, if they felt this was going to be a one sided game the odds would reflect that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I was hoping the Boys would be underdogs lest they start believing again how great they are.