Cowboys finish with 1 offense

Aven8

Reaction score
First time we’ve finished #1 since 1977. That year we won the SB. Two 1,000 yard WR’s, and the most for a 3rd WR ever with Cobb over 800. Zeke finished 4th in rushing. 2019 was also the most yards we have ever had in any season.

All of that for 8-8. Shouldn’t be hard to find a HC. The question, will Jerry hire the right one?

shabazz

Reaction score
il_570xN.1194614598_b8r8.jpg

pansophy

Reaction score
Also a reflection that we were behind in games and therefore had to focus on scoring points rather than burning clock. You can’t just look at stats in isolation and not consider why they are that way.

Creeper

Reaction score
And yet the Cowboys scored 100 points less than the Baltimore Ravens. The offense disappeared when it was needed most, like against the Eagles, Patriots, Bills, and even the Jets. I'll excuse the Jets game because they were really banged up for that game. But to me a good offense can score points on defenses like the Bills, Bears and especially the Eagles.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
In yards, which don't matter.

This needs to end. No one cares how many yards a team has. Points are what matter.

They were 6th in offense in points per game, but they also had one of the easiest schedules in football and those points largely came against trash teams. Context matters.

leeblair

Reaction score
First time we’ve finished #1 since 1977. That year we won the SB. Two 1,000 yard WR’s, and the most for a 3rd WR ever with Cobb over 800. Zeke finished 4th in rushing. 2019 was also the most yards we have ever had in any season.

All of that for 8-8. Shouldn’t be hard to find a HC. The question, will Jerry hire the right one?
Stats, in the hands of people with an agenda, lie.
Jason Garrett has been a fantasy football powerhouse.
That's why I think fantasy football has hurt the NFL.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If we just had an average ST play, we'd be in the playoffs. Just cutting Maher quicker would have done it.
I will say it again. Whoever decided to keep Maher should have been fired on the spot. I know Jerry won't fire himself.

KB1122

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how it breaks down based on the quality of the opponent. Were we running up offense against bad teams, moreso than other teams? I suspect that's the case. We all suspect that's the case. But it would be good to know.

DFWJC

Reaction score

6th is scoring offense--which how you win and lose games.

But still if you combine the two stats they still had a good season.
Racked up almost all the stats vs bad teams though. The Rams win was an exception though!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The Cowboys never won a game this season if they were trailing at the half.

Dak Prescott's trailing QB rating was 90.4 Tied was 63.8 and leading was 135.4.

That's telling. Teams beat the Cowboys because they knew as long as they played a disciplined game and didn't let Elliott control the game, they could beat Dak, just by getting a slight lead. Which is also why the defense got so few interceptions. QBs know, don't force it, you don't have to.

shabazz

Reaction score
And yet the Cowboys scored 100 points less than the Baltimore Ravens. The offense disappeared when it was needed most, like against the Eagles, Patriots, Bills, and even the Jets. I'll excuse the Jets game because they were really banged up for that game. But to me a good offense can score points on defenses like the Bills, Bears and especially the Eagles.

Dont forget the whopping 10 points against the Saints........when our defense held them to just 12

Ken

Reaction score

What below average qb did this?

*Defies logic of the haters.