Cowboys finish with 1 offense

Blackrain

Reaction score
If we just had an average ST play, we'd be in the playoffs. Just cutting Maher quicker would have done it.

Exactly my Cowboy brother Maher left 30 points on the field . That equates to a bunch of good drives coming away with no points while giving opponents great field position and killing team moral . We didnt need a guy who could kick a 60 yrd FG every full moon . We needed one who could consistently make 40 yrders

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Yards don’t matter, this ranking is bs. Etc.

Fact is even if we aren’t the best offense or a “true” top 10 D by your standards. We were pretty damn good on both sides of the ball. Coaching and special teams, and lack of turnovers really let this team down.

Having the worst (or close) punting and kicking games and sticking with them til the bitter end was a signature move by this staff of dummies.

All of these flaws can be corrected with a competent staff. I’m sure other coaches look in amazement at the opportunity and chances blown by this group.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
In yards, which don't matter.

This needs to end. No one cares how many yards a team has. Points are what matter.

They were 6th in offense in points per game, but they also had one of the easiest schedules in football and those points largely came against trash teams. Context matters.
Normally I would agree...but if you were to ask @ the beginning of the year...if we were to have the number one offense in the league @any point...you know you would take it in a heartbeat. And talking about context...imagine if we didn't have all the drops. Kellen Moore is/was never the problem. He probably should be considered for the head job.

Wizarus

Reaction score
But what about our 3rd down conversion rate? Redzone efficiency? Garbage stats.

Silly

Reaction score
That #1 offense couldn't beat an eagles team to limp into the playoffs. Moore and the Cowboys suck!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a crazy season of misleading stats. I cant ever recall such an anomaly of a team.

Heard an even crazier one this week. I think we had a points scored/points allowed difference of over 100 on the plus side. It was the 163rd time that happened and Dallas is the first team to not have a winning record or make the playoffs. That really speaks to how fake and inflated that #1 ranking is. We piled on points vs Skins, Giants, Fins, Rams, Eagles first game and then racked up yards and points in garbage time when getting killed vs, GB, Jets, Bills, Bears...

Reactions: CWR

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Can't stress this enough.

Whoever was behind Maher's hanging around and not removing O'Quinn after the Minnesota contest should be Rochambeau-ed for 10 minutes straight.
It was probably Jerry. He likes shinny objects.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Exactly my Cowboy brother Maher left 30 points on the field . That equates to a bunch of good drives coming away with no points while giving opponents great field position and killing team moral . We didnt need a guy who could kick a 60 yrd FG every full moon . We needed one who could consistently make 40 yrders
This is just another reason why Garrett should be gone. Garrett completely changed the momentum of the Minnesota game when he had Mayer try a 57 yard FG on our first drive of the game. Mayer misses and Minnesota has a short field to go down and score a TD. At this point in a game, we know is going to be close, we definitely should be playing field position! Dumb coaching by Garrett, but Jerry STILL loves his puppet!

CWR

Reaction score
Heard an even crazier one this week. I think we had a points scored/points allowed difference of over 100 on the plus side. It was the 163rd time that happened and Dallas is the first team to not have a winning record or make the playoffs. That really speaks to how fake and inflated that #1 ranking is. We piled on points vs Skins, Giants, Fins, Rams, Eagles first game and then racked up yards and points in garbage time when getting killed vs, GB, Jets, Bills, Bears...

Garrett is the king of crazy records against us. I've seen dozens of records like that since he's been our coach.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Normally I would agree...but if you were to ask @ the beginning of the year...if we were to have the number one offense in the league @any point...you know you would take it in a heartbeat. And talking about context...imagine if we didn't have all the drops. Kellen Moore is/was never the problem. He probably should be considered for the head job.

No, I wouldn't.

And you lose all credibility thinking Moore should be considered for head coach... you're part of the problem here.