Cowboys FO may have fooled y'all / FO is spineless / FO needs to pull head out **mega-thread**

cern

Reaction score
Again, nothing more than taking matters to the extreme. Have you heard of balance? Just because of being burned by Carr in 2012, now you vow to never sign another free agent worth anything? Every season should be different and not taking the same exact approach every year.

Our fans think every single player ever born is "overrated" and "overpaid" that is signed in free agency. Go bring up the old posts about what the Eagles were doing in 2017 and see how so many of our fans thought they were ignorant. They were proactive and it paid off. They found the right balance of drafting, signing their own and signing free agents.

Signing your own means nothing if your own just aren't that great.
Dak, zeke, tank, byron jones and now cooper are among our own. Plus zack last year and tagging tank. Do you see any free agent upgrades at any of those positions?? I don't.. so what's wrong with emphasizing getting your own signed first??

visionary

Reaction score
Dak, zeke, tank, byron jones and now cooper are among our own. Plus zack last year and tagging tank. Do you see any free agent upgrades at any of those positions?? I don't.. so what's wrong with emphasizing getting your own signed first??

Other teams players better than ours?

Forget about it
What a crazy question

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
My theory is no matter how good the talent you still need exceptional coaching to win a Superbowl. Throwing good players at a team does not promise you a Superbowl. But that's just me.

kskboys

Reaction score
But that's the problem. They take matters way too much to the extreme. They got burned by a few bad contracts in free agency, so now they vow to never sign one worth anything and just sign their own and find cheap "gems" late in free agency. And because of poor OL play, they decided to invest an absurd amount of resources into that one position. They don't know the meaning of balance.
They don't even have a clue as to why the FA's didn't work out. They appear to be incapable of evaluating NFL talent.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Every knows this. I don't think they're fooling anyone

Thing is, I don't think they care what anyone thinks.

Not you. Not me.

Not the fans. Not the season ticket holders.

The money rolls in and that is all that matters.

They do care they are perceived as smart. They just can't get why what they are doing never seems to work out, gosh darn it.

So that means you need to feel sorry for them.

And buy more stuff.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen and Jerry Jones are still trying to prove to the world that they are "football" guys. So much so that they have resorted to trying to fool the rest of the football world.

The reason the Cowboys have be inactive during free agency the last 5 years or so is because it gives the illusion that they are being calculated, smart, conservative, rational and financially responsible when in actuality they just don't know how to build a team using the draft and free agency. They Jones's have figured that since they don't know how to evaluate players from other teams then they'll just pass on them and saying that the player price was too high which allows them not to make on a player and run the risk of being ridiculed.

The problem with this is that you never sign anyone of value.

Hold a very little cup of expectations when it pertains to our fearless leaders fritz and Frat.....and the accountant....
Maybe one of Jerry Grand kids will the smarts to win us another Superbowl for our Kids...for us well maybe we will watch from heaven....lol....

Dallas+Cowboys+v+Houston+Texans+Ibc5eTzTPvgx.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Hold a very little cup of expectations when it pertains to our fearless leaders fritz and Frat.....and the accountant....
Maybe one of Jerry Grand kids will the smarts to win us another Superbowl for our Kids...for us well maybe we will watch from heaven....lol....

Dallas+Cowboys+v+Houston+Texans+Ibc5eTzTPvgx.jpg
Yeah, the Jones family just needs to have a bunch of rich entitled kids who hire the best GM's and HC's money will buy and then get drunk in the owner's box.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They do care they are perceived as smart.
It seems to be their main motivation, appearing clever.

Oh, you guys are making big moves? How about this? We're signing a Tight End with zero NFL stats. Sean fricken McVay couldn't find a way to get this guy the ball but Kellen Moore absolutely will. Did we mention he's a former baseball player who didn't play high school football? Were also signed the first European player a few years back. Sure, we let go of him and he actually played pretty well for Carolina last year, but WE signed him. Have we mentioned that Kellen Moore is young? We have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Plus, Jerry's brain is like that of a young man's.

Young! Clever! #1 Franchise in sports!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, the Jones family just needs to have a bunch of rich entitled kids who hire the best GM's and HC's money will buy and then get drunk in the owner's box.

That would be a start .......keeping the Jones family away from the team can only help!!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Thing is, I don't think they care what anyone thinks.

Not you. Not me.

Not the fans. Not the season ticket holders.

The money rolls in and that is all that matters.

They do care they are perceived as smart. They just can't get why what they are doing never seems to work out, gosh darn it.

So that means you need to feel sorry for them.

And buy more stuff.

I think they care as much as they don't.

Figure that one out

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Stephen is too scarred to make the wrong/ bad deal. He hides behind the cap as being the reason he is frugal. Cap hell is a myth and the eagles prove it because they always start being near the cap but find ways to manipulate it. The eagles traded Bennet for picks then signed a DT for 10/year . Stephen is not smart enough or have the cohones to attempt such a thing. Not saying the eagles got better but they at least try to.

You are correct. Eagles win a SB, two years later they are not content to sit back. We've been content to sit back for two decades. Sure, we'd like to win...so long as it's through the draft and with bargain bin players, but that's as serious as pa and son will get.

Aven8

Reaction score
They have the draft working that’s for sure. LVE was a home run.

FA? Non Existent

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ambivalence and apathy are generally not good for owners

I think a lot of owners are generally apathetic to the goings-on of the NFL. They just own teams because it's a power play, like a 2 billion dollar diamond encrusted Bugatti. How many owners could you name just by seeing their faces in a police lineup? Half? Less? Who cares if they show up to the facility twice a week, they're just making sure the investment isn't tanking.

GM's on the other hand, ambivalence would be a large issue.

cowboyec

Reaction score
so if they dont over pay for people it means they aren't active in free agency???

noted.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think a lot of owners are generally apathetic to the goings-on of the NFL. They just own teams because it's a power play, like a 2 billion dollar diamond encrusted Bugatti. How many owners could you name just by seeing their faces in a police lineup? Half? Less? Who cares if they show up to the facility twice a week, they're just making sure the investment isn't tanking.

GM's on the other hand, ambivalence would be a large issue.
It'd be OK if our apathetic owner would hire a GM and sit back and watch.