Twitter: Cowboys Front Office & Dak's agent absolutely deny Chris Simms report

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah but your sensationalistic, lying topic name seems to make the decision for us. All of this is Rapoport, who is frequently wrong, saying “nuh uh” to Chris Simms, who is also frequently wrong. Wake me up when quotes from the Jones or Todd France actually say it’s not true.
Rapoport works for NFL Network which is owned by the NFL. Best to trust any reporter who works for the NFL than any reporter who works for an outside network.

Se7enout

Reaction score
For someone who just joined on May 5th, you sure make it known you don't like the Cowboys paying and retaining Dak.

Say HI to Wince for us...
I used to come on here all the time but stopped posting years ago. I am from philly but grew up a cowboys fan as I was raised by my pop who is from corpus christi.
I dont like us keeping dak at the price he is asking. He hasnt done anything to earn that kind of money. If he had a ring right now I would be singing a different tune.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Rapoport works for NFL Network which is owned by the NFL. Best to trust any reporter who works for the NFL than any reporter who works for an outside network.
Yeah, no. He’s a rumor guy, regardless. He has no insight into the negotiations.

How about you change the title to “Ian Rapoport absolutely deny Chris Simms report” because the current one is pretty bad even for you.

Qcard

Reaction score
What is Andy Dalton saying?

I just sent Rodney Pete and Jason Garrett txt awaiting details on Dak's contract.

These Backup QBs are accurate!!

Qcard

Reaction score
Yeah, no. He’s a rumor guy, regardless. He has no insight into the negotiations.

How about you change the title to “Ian Rapoport absolutely deny Chris Simms report” because the current one is pretty bad even for you.
Lol...this defense for Backup QBs Lately....

Change titje to "Simms is a liar" that is the same a his words are definitely not true

:lmao2::lmao2:

Darkhound

Reaction score
SAD thing is.. our FO wants to keep Dak almost at all costs, so we better get used to the idea of him of our QB

Qcard

Reaction score
I used to come on here all the time but stopped posting years ago. I am from philly but grew up a cowboys fan as I was raised by my pop who is from corpus christi.
I dont like us keeping dak at the price he is asking. He hasnt done anything to earn that kind of money. If he had a ring right now I would be singing a different tune.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Lol...this defense for Backup QBs Lately....

Change titje to "Simms is a liar" that is the same a his words are definitely not true

:lmao2::lmao2:
I’m not defending anyone, don’t blame me because you read at a third grade level (and then believe anything you struggle through as well).

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ok maybe that was bit overboard lol. But you get the point right?

Depends on how you look at it. Among the ascending QBs he's easily in the top 5 conversation, and that's what his pay will be based off of.

Wentz got just below $35 a year ago, and Dak has been better. You adjust for CAP inflation and that puts you at $35.
Goff got just below $35 a year ago, and Dak has been better. You adjust for CAP inflation and that puts you at $35.

When using comparable contracts here are the players you should exclude:
Anybody above the age of 35- BB, Brady, Brees Rodgers, Rivers, etc
The one year wonders- Foles and Tannehill
QBs on rookie contracts

Jimmy G had roughly 1/8th the amount of starts Dak did when he signed the largest QB contract
Carr signed for the largest QB contract
Cousins signed for the largest QB contract and got fully guaranteed
Stafford signed for the largest QB contract
Are we thinking any of them were more worthy than Dak at the same points in their careers? Hell no.

If Dak signs next maybe his is the largest. Want to know what happens when Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, Mayfield(yes Mayfield), and maybe Darnold get to their extensions? They'll become the next highest paid QB.

I don't see any argument for him being outside the top 5 in his grouping.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your dad is from Corpus Christi? That's close to the Rio Grande Valley where a few of us are from. Glad your dad raised you a Cowboys fan, especially in eagles territory. Salud to you and your dad!
:thumbup:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
But you believed known liar, Chris Simms???

Heed your own advice please.
I never believed either of them, I didn’t comment in the 23 page “Dak wants 45 million” thread as I don’t really care about minute details of the negotiations and I’m not offended by Dak asking for as much as he can get. You can crawl back under your rock now.