Twitter: Cowboys Front Office & Dak's agent absolutely deny Chris Simms report

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Anyone who has been paying any attention to the world over the past 10 years should know by now not to believe anything about anyone or any situation until the actual provable facts are presented by the parties involved or some type of authority figures. In this case, I don't care about what anyone says or reports unless it is Dak, his agent, Jerry, or Stephen. When they speak, I'll listen. Nothing else really matters or can be believed until the deal is announced, Dak signs the tag, or July 15 comes and goes with no deal in place.
Exactly,
even though some of it turns out to be right or close, you just dont know with the rumours and sources etc.
Dont take this stuff as facts, but speculations and maybes.

Qcard

Reaction score
I mean.... if that's not a word salad of pure nonsense I don't know what is.
Dude...it's the hybrid stuff. Sorry...I meant

These people who hate Dak, they use Dak's performance in the NFL Pro Bowl QB skills test as clear proof that Dak isn't an accurate QB.

I think I used my commas and sentence structure correctly.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I just want this to get finished. We have a lot to be happy about, let's not have it ruined by two bulls in a closet.
why cant you be happy if it is not settled?? "I just want this to get finished" amazing how many here say that.
It doesnt bother me either way,
I doubt it is over anytime soon, I think Dak may want to play on the tag, and then he can show up when he wants to, and then he will go to TC and play 1st game.
and if he holds out then we have dalton and dinucci, would be fun to see them.

Right now we will be lucky just to have a full season of games so dont expect it to be perfect.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The coaches and players are communicating via wifi as we speak. I believe it will be better for Dak's deal to get finalized to remove the elephant in the room. Not saying who's to blame for this, but it's annoying to all fans, you know, the ones who support the team. Plus, the building is being opened little by little.
Both sides I believe support the team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dude...it's the hybrid stuff. Sorry...I meant

These people who hate Dak, they use Dak's performance in the NFL Pro Bowl QB skills test as clear proof that Dak isn't an accurate QB.

I think I used my commas and sentence structure correctly.
there is only a few here who "hate dak:" most just think he isnt good enough or is asking too much $
for the level he has played at.
I dont hate dak, I used to be a supporter, but last season and then all the contract stuff, and I see he
hangs with elliot a lot, and now my opinion of him and his play have changed.
I dont hate him, but he has been the qb for 4 years now, and I would like to see someone
else play qb for awhile, I have seen dak and at times he is good, but other times he is real bad so
be nice to see a new qb.

plus dak is asking for way too much and the smart thing would be to play him on the tag 1 year and
be looking at next years draft class qb's, and try and get the one you like. Then it is cheap for 4 years.

I think however what will save dak and get him paid or just the tag is jerry is in win now mode,
and he thinks dak is the only guy they can win with, but I think they could win with any decent qb.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So it’s Rapoport’s sources vs. Simms’s sources? How do we determine the winner? Number of followers?

It's extremely easy. Ignore all of them because they're all just speculating. Fans want this to be over so they start to listen and believe whatever sportswriter say or write even though it's all guess work and speculation.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
LOL...…..nobody likes paying Dak top 5 numbers. lol

Talk about a redundant statement!!!!!

However your claim that he is average is so yesterdays news. We have all gotten past how stupid that assessment is. Even the staunchest Dak trolls are up to: "Dak is slightly better than average".

At least get up with the times on your troll buddies if you are going to be a troll.
You love throwing punches, I get the personality type,, never taking the time to step back and possibly finding a middle ground.
Doesn't even have to be middle ground, but possibly relaxing the fist a bit, and possibly close the mouth and open the ears and
the chances of learning something expands dramatically.
Not attacking you specifically, so don't think this reply is directed solely at you, but you are certainly a card carrying member of that faction.
Ive learned that stepping back and just observing at times what both sides have to say that you can gain more understanding on both sides.
Both Dak sides have relevant information that can be gleaned and postulated.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why cant you be happy if it is not settled?? "I just want this to get finished" amazing how many here say that.
It doesnt bother me either way,
I doubt it is over anytime soon, I think Dak may want to play on the tag, and then he can show up when he wants to, and then he will go to TC and play 1st game.
and if he holds out then we have dalton and dinucci, would be fun to see them.

Right now we will be lucky just to have a full season of games so dont expect it to be perfect.
As a Cowboys fan, I will prefer to have both sides get this settled. It doesn't make me unhappy in life, as your first statement sort-of implies. I just want the Cowboys to have lots of success this season, whatever the season looks like.

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not sure you're correct as these leaks are coming from somewhere. Where do you think Florio's "they should have already paid him" mentality comes from? Both sides are at fault here, for different reasons. And I'm sick of being considered a "Dak hater" for raising concerns about his contract and negotiating style. I just want this to get finished. We have a lot to be happy about, let's not have it ruined by two bulls in a closet.
I don't really know what leaks you are referring to. I think that believing that he should already have been signed is public concensus.

But I'm with you, I wish they would get something done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't really know what leaks you are referring to. I think that believing that he should already have been signed is public concensus.

But I'm with you, I wish they would get something done.
dont fret about it, I think people just want it resolved so they dont have to think about it anymore.
It wont be settled till right at the deadline, and he may wind up playing on the tag.
it does not matter,either way he will play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Being anti overpaying for an average QB isnt anti dak. I like dak on his rookie deal. I like dak for 75 over 5 years... I just dont like dak at top 5 qb money only because his play doesnt reflect the pay.
You want a top 10 qb for backup qb money?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just dont like dak at top 5 qb money only because his play doesnt reflect the pay.
It doesn't work that way for QB's. The next guy up gets more than the last one. Wentz, Rodgers, Wilson, Goff, Ryan, Stafford...no matter the name on the jersey, the next guy gets more. Just so happens that Dak is the next guy. Doesn't matter if that is right or wrong that's just the way it is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You love throwing punches, I get the personality type,, never taking the time to step back and possibly finding a middle ground.
Doesn't even have to be middle ground, but possibly relaxing the fist a bit, and possibly close the mouth and open the ears and
the chances of learning something expands dramatically.
Not attacking you specifically, so don't think this reply is directed solely at you, but you are certainly a card carrying member of that faction.
Ive learned that stepping back and just observing at times what both sides have to say that you can gain more understanding on both sides.
Both Dak sides have relevant information that can be gleaned and postulated.

No middle ground in this one bub. Anyone at this point that still says Dak is average has no idea what they are talking about. I mean...…….…..If you are going to be a troll, at least get some new stuff and be up to date.

Waaaaaaay past "Dak is average". Trolls are up to:

-Dak is slightly above average
-Dak isn't top 5 and not worth top 5 money

Everything else just sounds too dumb . Even for a troll.

And NO the Dak trolls have NO relevant information. Not the haters.

ONLY thing they say that is remotely true is that Dak isnt a top 5 QB and not worth the money.

ONLY guy worth this kind of money might be Mahomes.

And really, NOT understanding what franchise QB's get paid and how that works is just ignorance.

Again...…..shows a complete lack of understanding on contracts and how the NFL works.

And to go even further...………..anyone that says Dak will destroy our salary cap has ALREADY been proven wrong. Dak is getting 31 million this year and our cap is just fine. Plenty of wiggle room actually. And I even educated the board on NEXT years cap with a thread specifically dedicated to it showing Dak at 35 million doesn't do diddly to our cap. Great situation there as well.

I guess what you need to decide is where do YOU stand?

Are you for signing Dak at 35 million per year or cutting him and going with Dalton? :lmao::lmao2:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being anti overpaying for an average QB isnt anti dak. I like dak on his rookie deal. I like dak for 75 over 5 years... I just dont like dak at top 5 qb money only because his play doesnt reflect the pay.
$15 million a year? lol You're in a fantasy world my friend. In today's world a journeyman QB can have 1 good season and make $20 million per year, and a guy with only a handful of starts in is entire career can get paid at the top of the position (Garappolo in 2018) and a guy with a losing career can also get paid at the top of his position (Cousins in 2018). A team can't compete in the NFL today if they don't recognize reality any more than what you suggest shows.

Ultimately it appears there are still some fans that do not understand that pay is not a position ranking, nor does some ESPN or SI poll ranking the QB's determine what they get paid. Market factors - supply and demand - what teams are willing to pay at a given time - that's what determines pay. Teams know that - they are the ones that created the reality of soaring QB contracts.