Cowboys got lucky by not drafting Paxton Lynch

kskboys

Reaction score
All of those guys had solid starts to their careers and phased out. Except Lynch but everyone considered him a first round prospect. He was considered a better prospect than Dak. Cowboys have done a much better job of developing than them.
None of that means they were worth developing.

cern

Reaction score
None of that means they were worth developing.
philly kicked us in the cajones moving up and taking wentz. but Denver did us a favor by moving up and taking lynch. he's been a failure. we're better off with dak.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Well old jerrah wanted Johnny "money" Manzell also. What does that tell you about his QB eye.
Johnny was a first round qb. He won't be the first or three last first round qb bust.

Also it you blame Jerry for the bad selections he makes you can't balme him for bad selections he didn't make. That....doesn't make sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
johnny probably had more neon warning signs than any player coming out of college in quite a while. not criminal, but self destructive. he's currently doing very poorly in Canada.
I figured someone would overdraft him. Looking at everything about him, Johnny was a 4th round talent.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As far as Lynch poor performance thus far it’s hard for me without further evidence to determine if he was in a better offense if his performance could be enhanced.

Much like we saw Daks performance last year struggle missing some key pieces on our offense.

These young QB’s , especially the high drafted ones often go to poor offenses and teams which makes it tougher unless they’re surrounded quickly with more support.
The problem with Lynch, as reported by the local Denver media, was more about attitude and what's between the ears, than natural talent.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
7lBR2WE.gif

How anyone could think this man could lead a football team needs their head examined.

cern

Reaction score
I figured someone would overdraft him. Looking at everything about him, Johnny was a 4th round talent.
i'm up in Alaska for the week. putting on the waders, sorting out the fly fishing gear and getting my bear spray. then back to texas next sunday to get ready for the opening of dove season. the next 5 months are my favorite. cooler weather, hunting, and football.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is correct. If I’m not mistaken, Jerry almost traded to get him.

But yes. Jerry and co did want Lynch
Offered a 2nd and 4th and DEN gave a 2nd and 3rd and Booger was lamenting about that after the first day and said he wished they'd offered the 3rd as well. He wanted Lynch. And he was the 3rd ranked QB in that draft.

They were planning on taking Connor Cook and the Raiders preempted them. They settled on Dak and I'd bet he was tagged at best, a backup if he could even make the team.

erod

Reaction score
Please refresh my memory Weren't the cowboys looking to draft Lynch until the Broncos jumped ahead of them. From what I've seen tonight & last year. Thank you John Elway.
They tried to jump up and get Lynch, then they were going to get Cook.

Dak was pure luck. A blessing from the football gods. The Cowboys expected nothing and hit gold.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Please refresh my memory Weren't the cowboys looking to draft Lynch until the Broncos jumped ahead of them. From what I've seen tonight & last year. Thank you John Elway.

Well cowboys got lucky those Joneses idiots dont make the final call anymore.