Cowboys have inquired on prominent offensive assistant - per Ed Werder

robjay04

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking its Gase too. No way would Gase leave New York unless he could be the HC here...hmm...

Didn’t Gase accept a job prior to us being eliminated?

Plus we wouldn’t have had to ask for permission for Gase because he was fired.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Probably Kubiak.

His system makes a lot of sense for our players.
so from what can tell, its coming full circle and all roads are leading to the Saints staff. Process of elimination. Not sure where ED WERDER is getting his info...I am not sold on this story. Its sounds odd.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
so from what can tell, its coming full circle and all roads are leading to the Saints staff. Process of elimination. Not sure where ED WERDER is getting his info...I am not sold on this story. Its sounds odd.
The two teams he’s worked with closest over the years are cowboys and saints so could be from either side

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least it didn't say "obscure" which would have inspired yet another round of objections and denunciations and much gnashing of teeth.

"I have it on good authority that somebody related in some way to the Cowboys said something at some point. And it may or may not have been really negative. Take it for what it's worth."

Say stuff like that while doing your best worm-impression and you're most of the way there.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Lions just hired Darell Bevell as their new OC too.

But we'll sit and wait. And if nothing better falls in our laps, we'll try to talk up Linehan again...

Ooh, I didn't see that the Lions had hired Bevell. That's another possibility.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He did relinquish some very detailed insider info,BRO,,,the "change" is coming out of the Saints franchise
Like I told the other poster I started from where I quoted the post so that was one of the first post I see. Didn't start from the beginning.

Mannix

Reaction score
We do NOT need this person to have "Cowboy ties".....can we PLEASE get past this tired crutch!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
There must be some rift between Jerry and Norv because ever since Norv left he has been available on a few occasions and not even a sniff from the Cowboys.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"I have it on good authority that somebody related in some way to the Cowboys said something at some point. And it may or may not have been really negative. Take it for what it's worth."

Say stuff like that while doing your best worm-impression and you're most of the way there.
:lmao:hilarious:lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right. Like Garrett should have said we’re changing out the OC before a replacement has been interviewed or hired. That makes sense.

Im sure what you said, somehow makes sense to YOU.

Garrett said point blank that NO change would be made and that Linehan wasnt going anywhere. Obviously they may make a change and he should have kept his mouth shut. The Jones boys are looking to possibly make a change where Garrett didnt want anything done.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Garrett said point blank that NO change would be made and that Linehan wasnt going anywhere. Obviously they may make a change and he should have kept his mouth shut. The Jones boys are looking to possibly make a change where Garrett didnt want anything done.
Why for is an overwhelming sensation of misdirectedly maligned malicious "yap-snap" being imparted in yer post ,that I'm easily picking up on the reverberations thereof,ROY?,,, HUMMMmm,,,what's up whit that?:huh:

o_O

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're making things up. He said they didn't anticipate any changes. And he should have handled it just the way he did. What if they were talking to a possible replacement as Garrett was giving his quote? You still don't say anything until you have a deal done from the Cowboys perspective. It does nothing but give up a tiny bit of leverage putting the team on the clock about an OC change.

And from Linehan's perspective, it only hurts him to have it leak that the team is looking to move on. Since Garrett likes and respects the guy, he's not throwing him under the bus prior to the Senior Bowl.

The only downside is that some idiot fans will take the story and run with it. But some idiot fans will take any story and run with it. So who cares? You just have to learn to ignore the running idiots.