Cowboys have inquired on prominent offensive assistant - per Ed Werder

lukin2006

Reaction score
This is a long shot, but Andy Reid strikes me as the type of person that would let his OC go to Dallas if the play calling and input into the scheme was part of the package. So that's where I would start. Worked out well for Philly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're making things up. He said they didn't anticipate any changes. And he should have handled it just the way he did. What if they were talking to a possible replacement as Garrett was giving his quote? You still don't say anything until you have a deal done from the Cowboys perspective. It does nothing but give up a tiny bit of leverage putting the team on the clock about an OC change.

And from Linehan's perspective, it only hurts him to have it leak that the team is looking to move on. Since Garrett likes and respects the guy, he's not throwing him under the bus prior to the Senior Bowl.

The only downside is that some idiot fans will take the story and run with it. But some idiot fans will take any story and run with it. So who cares? You just have to learn to ignore the running idiots.

LOL......Linehan fired!! Too funny. So can your hero tell us all now that Linehan is going nowhere? The puppet gets kicked to the curb once again.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL......Linehan fired!! Too funny. So can your hero tell us all now that Linehan is going nowhere? The puppet gets kicked to the curb once again.

What point are you trying to make here?

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I hate Ed Werder, always will. The hatchet job he did on TO while he was here was inexcusable, the man is a leach.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's not like the defense did that all season. Look, the defense was down on the ground, reaching out to Dak for a little help, dak failed, leaving his fellow men to bleed out.

Plus yards don’t equal points. Rams were held under their scoring average and Dallas scored less than the Rams allowed all year. It would have been worse if not for a TD against prevent, while Dak had no sense of clock management and just kept taking the short middle underneath immediately allowing the Rams defense to run time off the clock while the Cowboys offense walked up without any sense of urgency.

And Dak couldn’t sustain drives while the defense kept holding the Rams to field goals and this was with a pass-dominant offense, the ration of pass to runs during about three quarters and a half 15-9 pass-run ratio..

Rayman70

Reaction score
we will not be making wholesale changes to the playbook. That would set Dak and the team back. Learning an entirely new system takes time. The saints have a similar offense but some wrinkles to it that I like personally...and I think JJ does too. Landing Lombardi to work with Dak and Campbell to call the plays makes a ton of sense. Plus Campbell has had much success in New Orleans running that scheme. He's young,as is Lombardi. Linehan didn't mesh well with the offense and the youth.

Verdict

Reaction score
This is all just a smoke screen. We are bringing back Dexter Coakley to be the offensive coordinator just so Jerry can troll CZ.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You seem to think I wasn't in favor of letting Linehan go. And you seem to think that this all happened without Garrett's involvement because of what he said to the press when asked about it. Neither of those things is going to turn out to be true. Just FYI.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You seem to think I wasn't in favor of letting Linehan go. And you seem to think that this all happened without Garrett's involvement because of what he said to the press when asked about it. Neither of those things is going to turn out to be true. Just FYI.

Just pointing out the obvious that has been confirmed YET AGAIN!!

That Garrett is a puppet here. No doubt you will defend him whatever happens. That much is clear.

A guy that wants to keep his OC doesn't come out publicly and say that NO big coaching changes will occur. But you can spin that however you want.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don't know why people bother asking Jason Garrett anything. All questions regarding personnel and coaching needs to be directed to Jerry Jones.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Garrett responded to a direct question Monday morning about Linehan's fate saying the coordinator would return, adding he didn't anticipate any significant changes on the coaching staff. He reiterated that stance in the afternoon.

The next day, owner Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones both said during their radio appearances that those meetings hadn't taken place and no decision had been made. For Garrett to suggest now that he and Linehan reached a mutual decision is comical.

Comical
is the most important word in all this.

Blake

Reaction score
combined-declarations-exhibits-in-support-of-motion-for-expedited-discovery-3-728.jpg

How soon @Rockport forgets his own failed "Garrett's process is working" thread. :laugh:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Can we get one OC thread please.

I hope the Cowboys don’t blow this hire.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I would be asking about the McVay's assistants to be OC. Don't want Campbell. Boring and has not shown anything. Hangs on the Saints sidelines.
But... Joe Lombardi (Saints QBs Coach, yes! looks just like his grandfather), I am very intrigued with him. I would give HIM a shot for sure, perhaps make him assistant OC along with a great O mind from the Rams. What a combo move that would be!
The Lombardi DNA along with a young genius O mind.

The Boys front office would look brilliant. And I would give them the ability to create all they want.