Twitter: Cowboys have Spoken To Urban Meyer

endersdragon

Reaction score
So this is all about next year, the rest of this year is Garrett's to do as he can. Though to be fair, we sorta have had good luck with college coaches in the past, 2 out of the only 3 coaches with both a National Championship and a Super Bowl got it for us... granted one of those was Barry.

endersdragon

Reaction score
It’s a 3-4 year project. Have to win with in 3-4 years while zeke is still 28>
Will Cooper stay for Riley or Meyer? Because he is looking like he is out and no way do we give Dak a long term contract now so we won't have a franchise tag to spare next year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hasn’t urban Meyer already quit and two places? I think lots of people will be sorely disappointed if we do land him.

I couldn't think of a bigger train wreck of a coach coming here...except for maybe Art Briles....or Mike Ditka....Rex Ryan... Don't want any part of this. But I can see Jerry doing it....just to put butts in the seats. :rolleyes:

endersdragon

Reaction score
Cooper just said Tuesday he wants to be here. I think they’ll sign cooper 4 years 80 million and franchise Dak.
One can hope, the fact that there hasn't been much in the way of talks since the end of preseason sorta worries me

endersdragon

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a bigger train wreck of a coach coming here...except for maybe Art Briles....or Mike Ditka....Rex Ryan... Don't want any part of this. But I can see Jerry doing it....just to put butts in the seats. :rolleyes:
Nick Saban, but that's mostly because my dad is a Phins fan and I remember how pissed off he was.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Since you’re here, tell us about Curtis Weaver RDE/LDE? How good is he?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I hate Garrett . he sucks!

but i must admit that we might be in a lot more trouble than some may realize. for one , idk about Dak. he’s too inconsistent. yes our defense sucks but the man has been throwing ducks for three weeks and looks rattled. i def think we tag him just bc new coaching staff will have to come in and work with what we have. atleast the first year.

we may end up having a real coach with meyer, but at the same time we may come to find out we have No Franchise QB.

tough times approach. i don’t think a new coach comes in and makes us 13-3. it’ll take time....years...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not getting my hopes up, this tweet doesn't say they Cowboys talked to him about the head coach job, it just says that Stephen Jones talked to him recently. That could have been about anything, maybe which Ohio State players are looking good that might enter the draft.

I hope its true, he would be a million times better than Garrett, but dont get your hopes up that it was for a job offer.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Schematically and with personnel what have Meyers teams looked like? I know he was 99% shotgun.

Defensively he always had good corners. Did he prioritize big DTs or smallish (relative to college) quick guys?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I know of at least one bigger train wreck: the guy at Michigan who got his read end handed to him every time he faced Urban. Make that two, the guy who left Boyzee and accomplished nothing at UW before stepping down.