Twitter: Cowboys have talked to league about officiating

JustChip

Reaction score
The NFL should take these complaints serious. If this is to be the NFL product then I wouldn’t watch. The refs destroyed that game yesterday. The flags they threw you could legitimately throw them on every play. If it’s not obvious you simply don’t call it. If it’s iffy you let it go, very simple. If I was someone who never watched football and that was my first game I would say this sport sucks.
It’s certainly not going to bring in new fans from outside the U. S. who are used to soccer.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Officiating has been trash all year, but yesterday was possibly the worst in decades. A completely unwatchable product that just keeps getting the "rigged" crowd bigger.
rules are written vague, so they can manipulate games.
This one it seemed they didnt want cowboys to beat the spread, not about who won, and I think they wanted to keep them under 50 .

And mike could be saying this just to cover his own ineptness and bad game plan play calling etc.
Someone should ask why he didnt challenge the fumble play, that was inexcusable to not throw the flag there.

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't think anything will 'officially' come from it, but I like the move. I'm tired of all the passive, 'well the players need to just ignore it', nonsense when the refs are literally stealing touchdowns and converting constant 3rd downs for the other teams. I'm glad McCarthy called it out.

Reaction score
I'm shocked how many people want to chalk all of this off to incompetent officials,,,, organized incompetence? Please. Just realize that the league's prioritized goals and what fans think are its prioritized goals = two different things.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
That will only result in holding calls, on runs 10+ yards

Exactly, how manny big runs has Pollard had that were called back already? I can think of 3 of the top of my head quick. I remember one being a very tricky tack call holding call on Williams.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I know what it sounds like—crybaby, conspiracy nut, etc. and I don’t care. It sure seems like some of these refs enjoy sticking it to the Cowboys.

A replay board call was made. That really happened.

Mannix

Reaction score
Just stop with all the whining.

Does no one remember the total gift of a picked up flag that directly resulted in the Cowboys’ winning a home playoff game against DET that they totally didn’t deserve?

Refs suck for everyone. All fans think their team gets boned more than others. All fans are incorrect in this regard.
------Refs suck for everyone.

You must not watch any Packer games.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Let's pretend that there is a 100% fact that there's no conspiracy against Dallas by the officiating. Does it matter? Because they're absolutely horrible.
I don't think there is specifically against Dallas, but I don't care. They're changing the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not only do I think it is good for the Cowboys to send videos to the NFL and complain about calls or ask for explanations, I think they need to do what Belichick does. Talk to the refs before the games and plant seeds in their heads. I have no doubt the Raiders, whose acting HC used to coach for the Cowboys, were aware of Brown's poor technique of not playing the ball and tried to take advantage of that. Pat Kirwan said on his radio show he thought teams were talking to the refs about Connor Williams and his holding. That's why he was getting so many holding calls. He said when he was a team official, did not mention the team, he used to talk to the refs before games about certain players and he claimed it works. The refs will pay closer attention to that player.

There is nothing wrong with letting the league know you are unhappy with the calls going against you. And there is nothing wrong with trying to get every advantage you can for your team.