Twitter: Cowboys have the best 3rd down conversion on offense and 2nd best on defense

Sydla

Reaction score
I really am stunned by the defensive stat. It seems we could get off the field on third downs in the Packers and Saints games for sure.

CoachD

Reaction score
And is second in the league in penalties which keeps the other team's offense on the field and kills drives for the Cowboys! Good teams like the Patriots will make the Cowboys pay for those kinds of mistakes!

Sydla

Reaction score
I just checked NFL.com and it's dead on.

How in the world did our defense play so well last year when you consider they didn't really generate turnovers, didn't get off the field on 3rd downs very well and didn't really sack the QB all that well either.

2018 might be a fluke.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I really am stunned by the defensive stat. It seems we could get off the field on third downs in the Packers and Saints games for sure.
Against the saints and jets sure, but Green Bay struggled in 3rd down. They were like 2-11 or something like that. We put 500 yards in green difference was red zone . Green Bay was perfect in the red zone while we struggled. And then the turnovers also.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I just checked NFL.com and it's dead on.

How in the world did our defense play so well last year when you consider they didn't really generate turnovers, didn't get off the field on 3rd downs very well and didn't really sack the QB all that well either.

2018 might be a fluke.
Our offense was basically unstoppable once we acquired Cooper. The defense outside of the New Orleans game jsut had to maintain the game from being blown wide open: they weren’t great. Ppl forget that every game we won, was never more than by a td outside of the Connor McGregor game. The defense did just enough to get us by.