Twitter: Cowboys hopeful on a deal

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas can't afford the cap hit tied to tagging Dak at $37.7 million without restructuring contracts & releasing of players from their deals.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Think Dak will sign a deal which will give him more or less what he wants. Cant see Jerry walking away from him now.

dckid

Reaction score
Nah, not really. You give up if you want. I'm not.
Hahaha. Give up. Jerry has given up on winning a SB a couple of decades ago. I am being a realist. Our only hope is a player like Mahomes falling in our lap. The current MO, leads us to 7-9 to 9-7. I have accepted that fact. We can sign Dak, we can sign Fitzpatrick as a stop gap. The results will be the same. Culture and caring about winning actually matters. Jerry makes no more or no less profit by signing Dak, it’s just a game.

reddyuta

Reaction score
the cowboys have negate leverage if thats at all possible,they have royally screwed this up .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just as Dak wants his money and Dallas will not be able to fix the defense or keep players like Gallup.

Dallas will have to rely on draft picks and mid level FA like other teams have to. Keeping Gallup will be hard not sure if they will keep him or not. Yes Dak wants market value just all others at his position. I don't blame him but with that pay comes more pressure to produce and win

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So then Dak should take less so the team can fix the defense.....I mean if winning is Dak's main motivation.

Dallas has defensive players that can play this game and areas that need to be addressed DT and FS main 2 in my view, they are not over hauling the entire defense and so how does his contract stop Dallas from addressing defense through the draft? Dallas will seek to fill holes also with FA mid level players at decent cost such as we did with Quinn. I don't have this defeatist view that others have.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hahaha. Give up. Jerry has given up on winning a SB a couple of decades ago. I am being a realist. Our only hope is a player like Mahomes falling in our lap. The current MO, leads us to 7-9 to 9-7. I have accepted that fact. We can sign Dak, we can sign Fitzpatrick as a stop gap. The results will be the same. Culture and caring about winning actually matters. Jerry makes no more or no less profit by signing Dak, it’s just a game.
So if that's truly what you believe then don't come here a ***** non-stop about something you can't control. It ruins the place for everyone else. I understand the frustration and complaining from time to time, but the constant whining is like those Karen videos on YouTube.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So if that's truly what you believe then don't come here a ***** non-stop about something you can't control. It ruins the place for everyone else. I understand the frustration and complaining from time to time, but the constant whining is like those Karen videos on YouTube.

Interesting seeing as how you spend most of your posts whining about other members posts you disagree with.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dallas has defensive players that can play this game and areas that need to be addressed DT and FS main 2 in my view, they are not over hauling the entire defense and so how does his contract stop Dallas from addressing defense through the draft? Dallas will seek to fill holes also with FA mid level players at decent cost such as we did with Quinn. I don't have this defeatist view that others have.
Russell Wilson will tell you.

Carson

Reaction score
Dallas can't afford the cap hit tied to tagging Dak at $37.7 million without restructuring contracts & releasing of players from their deals.

This. The reason why he gets his money and it’ll be back loaded when the cap goes up.

They need to extend him, find some extra cap so we can get a few free agents.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They've known they want him to be the franchise QB for the long haul for 3 years now. They've proclaimed that they "needed" to get this done for 2 years. They've been "imminent" as Jerry called it for 16 months. Dak Prescott has been assured to be "a Cowboy for life" for a full year now. It was important for both sides to get the deal done before the deadline 8 months ago.

And now this article is breaking news that they're hopeful. Sounds like their wording is going in the wrong direction. Pretty soon we'll find out there's a "good chance" he could stay in Dallas. And then we'll find out "it's not yet off the table" while he's on his second franchise tag.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Russell Wilson will tell you.

True but none of these QB are willing to take less than Market value, I do not expect Dak will either and at least for me does not make him a bad guy or greedy expecting to be paid market value. Cowboys are not alone in this and others will soon be joining in as their QB become FA, which is why I say that 40 looks like a lot today but 40 will not even be top 5 within 2 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
They've known they want him to be the franchise QB for the long haul for 3 years now. They've proclaimed that they "needed" to get this done for 2 years. They've been "imminent" as Jerry called it for 16 months. Dak Prescott has been assured to be "a Cowboy for life" for a full year now. It was important for both sides to get the deal done before the deadline 8 months ago.

And now this article is breaking news that they're hopeful. Sounds like their wording it going in the wrong direction. Pretty soon we'll find out there's a "good chance" he could stay in Dallas. And then we'll find out "it's not yet off the table" while he's on his second franchise tag.
You have GOT to stop listening to Jerry.

Carson

Reaction score
True but none of these QB are willing to take less than Market value, I do not expect Dak will either and at least for me does not make him a bad guy or greedy expecting to be paid market value. Cowboys are not alone in this and others will soon be joining in as their QB become FA, which is why I say that 40 looks like a lot today but 40 will not even be top 5 within 2 years.

Terrible comparison, but Brady always took less to remain competitive. But I’m sure he made up the difference elsewhere lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Of course, but he just spews. I cannot imagine the players even listen to him any more.

This is very different than the Al Davis situation, the guy who offers the contracts, talks to the agents who has no possibility of losing his position due to his comments is saying this stuff.

Never ever ever has a team failed to sign their franchise guy when both sides wanted it to happen. The only parallel here is Cousins in Washington, and it was later revealed that Washington never wanted him.

This is the craziest thing, why is no one acting like this is the craziest thing?

This goes beyond it being the Cowboys, this is all-sports-contract-negotiation unprecedented

kskboys

Reaction score
Market value is a very grey term. It's not necessarily more than what the last guy got. You could easily conclude that market value for QB's who want to win a super bowl is around 25 mil, what Brady got. There are thousands of definitions and many many facets to "market value".

And judging by what we've seen recently w/ Wilson/Goff/Cousins/Tannehill, it looks to me as if they were paid above market value and so market value should now be lowered. It's not a constant, you know.