Twitter: Cowboys hopeful on a deal

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Calling Jerry greedy concerning contracts is one of the stupidest statement ever stated on this site.

Do you remember when RB's were among the highest paid positions? Why is that no longer so? Easy answer, things change.

W/ the failed contracts of so many QB's, it is actually easily seen that things are changing.

You have this idea that "it is what it is", and your idea is simply not accurate. There is a good chance that your market value is going down. Are you aware what market value even is?

You don't have to agree with me but look around the fircken NFL it is that way, they don't care if you like it, but it is how things are. Wilson sure as hell did not deserve to be paid as the best QB in the NFL when he is not but he got it and now his deal 2 years down the line is not out of range.

I will say what can change the landscape of NFL QB is the fact more young QB come in and have success in large part because NFL is not looking to produce the NFL prototype QB, the NFL has changed to college offense with most teams running read option which is something NFL teams seldom did in the past for a simple reason teams do not have the time to groom QB's as they once did.

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't have to agree with me but look around the fircken NFL it is that way, they don't care if you like it, but it is how things are. Wilson sure as hell did not deserve to be paid as the best QB in the NFL when he is not but he got it and now his deal 2 years down the line is not out of range.

I will say what can change the landscape of NFL QB is the fact more young QB come in and have success in large part because NFL is not looking to produce the NFL prototype QB, the NFL has changed to college offense with most teams running read option which is something NFL teams seldom did in the past for a simple reason teams do not have the time to groom QB's as they once did.
OK, let me try this again:

MARKET VALUE CAN CHANGE

Doomsday101

Reaction score
..rock and a hard place. Coming back from injury, can he play? Running around, avoiding 300lb lineman, that's a feat in itself. If I'm Dak, you have to believe you might get the franchise tag.

UNLESS>>>>> they put special clause in that contract, stating should problems occur with leg they can wash their hands and find way out.

I'm sure like every NFL contracts there are outs in the deal for teams and players. As one NFL player was saying on FOX what is reported on NFL player contracts and the reality of the deals are not the same.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Got it buddy, but Karen videos would more equate to people complaining from your perspective. Why can’t the world be like I say it is? Jerry is perfect, we are America’s team, we have 5 SB’s... when the truth over the past almost 3 decades is totally opposite. I do have suggestions on how to stop the bleeding.
Step1 don’t overpay for a good Qb. The NFL trend 4 years ago was to sign the QB to an oversized contract because he is your QB and seems good. Dak is no different than Wentz, Cousins, Goff. All serviceable in a great system. Without that system they are average at best. Right before our eyes we have seen what has happened to overpaying for a good QB, yet we will do the same thing. Jerry needs to zag while the league Zigs. Smart teams might just try to keep drafting young QB’s until they get a franchise guy and then sign him. There is no harm in getter by a young guy. Dak @ 40 million average is a recipe for failure. Time and time again you can never overpay an elite QB, but you should never pay franchise money to a good Qb.
More NFL lessons later for you buddy.
I’ve never said Jerry is perfect. I’ve said he sucks as a GM and he’s totally screwed up these Dak negotiations so don’t try and put words in my mouth.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
W/ the failed contracts of so many QB's, it is actually easily seen that things are changing.

Which failed QB contracts are you referring to? For every one you can throw out there, I'm sure I can counter with a Rodgers, Wilson, or even a mid level guy like Tannehill.

kskboys

Reaction score
So evidently you are not seeing all the other QB getting paid above what the pervious FA QB was paid the year before? As I said players get 1 shot at FA and you are a fool if you walk away with a under market contract. If Dak get his 40 mill that will be seen as mid level money within 2 to 3 years. If he takes lower than within 2 to 3 years he is making below avg money. As for the lower cap? yes this coming season they cap will not remain low not with NFL and their agreement with networks which will see double the price they pay now which is in the billions. The cap is not some 1 year thing nor are these player contract people are looking at just today not 2 to 3 years down the road yet that is how the owners and players see things, not just today but 2 to 3 years down the road
Apparently you are not seeing those contracts failing. Hades, you won't even address it. You have this little thought in your head, and that's it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK, let me try this again:

MARKET VALUE CAN CHANGE

yes it does yet at QB it continues to rise not lower. Cowboys have the option to make their stand and say we will not pay that and result you get a lower paid QB or draft a QB but you can expect that to be a continual thing as that player either retires or becomes a FA as is the case with Dak because frankly I don't see that market value changing anytime soon nor do I see agents or players willing to take less

kskboys

Reaction score
Which failed QB contracts are you referring to? For every one you can throw out there, I'm sure I can counter with a Rodgers, Wilson, or even a mid level guy like Tannehill.
Wilson's contract is a failing one. Tannehill also. Teams should be figuring out now that overpaying your QB is not working. Those huge amounts are a reason why teams are failing to build super bowl contenders.

kskboys

Reaction score
yes it does yet at QB it continues to rise not lower. Cowboys have the option to make their stand and say we will not pay that and result you get a lower paid QB or draft a QB but you can expect that to be a continual thing as that player either retires or becomes a FA as is the case with Dak because frankly I don't see that market value changing anytime soon nor do I see agents or players willing to take less
It has been rising, but that doesn't mean it will continue to rise.

The player who want to win are taking less.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Apparently you are not seeing those contracts failing. Hades, you won't even address it. You have this little thought in your head, and that's it.

Contracts that failed sure I see it and have seen it at every position where a player gets paid big and then fails to live up to it, but it does not change the fact teams are willing to pay. You could say Wentz deal was bad but guess what he still getting paid 32 mill a year avg just as he did in Philly it is just the Colts paying it now. Price tag did not lower

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I’m confident a deal will get done. It’s in everyone’s best interest. The Cowboys can’t afford to tag Dak again. The cap hit would prohibit them from adding in free agency and Dak would end up costing them more next year anyways.

Let’s also look at what other options there are for those that want to tag and trade Dak. We could possibly move up a few spots and grab a QB or maybe one falls to us at 10. Say a Lance or Jones. We could resign Dalton and let said rookie learn for a year or just throw him into the fire. But would either of those scenarios make us a better team than having Dak? Personally I don’t think so. Franchise QB’s are hard to come by and we have one. Let’s secure the most important position on the field and in doing so enable us to manipulate the cap in a way it frees up dollars to delve into free agency to help build a better defense. The Cowboys know this and it will get done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Fact is your the one not dealing with reality, this is not in my head it is across the NFL it is yearly as new FA come up contracts. 2 years ago when contract talks with Dak were beginning, people would not even think of paying Dak 35 mill now would you?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I’m confident a deal will get done. It’s in everyone’s best interest. The Cowboys can’t afford to tag Dak again. The cap hit would prohibit them from adding in free agency and Dak would end up costing them more next year anyways.

Let’s also look at what other options there are for those that want to tag and trade Dak. We could possibly move up a few spots and grab a QB or maybe one falls to us at 10. Say a Lance or Jones. We could resign Dalton and let said rookie learn for a year or just throw him into the fire. But would either of those scenarios make us a better team than having Dak? Personally I don’t think so. Franchise QB’s are hard to come by and we have one. Let’s secure the most important position on the field and in doing so enable us to manipulate the cap in a way it frees up dollars to delve into free agency to help build a better defense. The Cowboys know this and it will get done.

27-21 in Dak's last 48 games......so tell me how Dak is making this team so much better?

kskboys

Reaction score
which player? Brady? who else? No one
There are many, but they're not in the news because it doesn't sell headlines.

Gronk just took one.

At some point, the market gets too high, and then market value goes down. Honestly, you should prolly stop using that term, I'm not sure you know what it means.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fact is your the one not dealing with reality, this is not in my head it is across the NFL it is yearly as new FA come up contracts. 2 years ago when contract talks with Dak were beginning, people would not even think of paying Dak 35 mill now would you?
It's not about this "reality" thingie you suddenly brought up, it's about what market value is, and how it can fluctuate.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wilson's contract is a failing one. Tannehill also. Teams should be figuring out now that overpaying your QB is not working. Those huge amounts are a reason why teams are failing to build super bowl contenders.

Wilson's? Lol. Come on. Tannehill's delivered as well. I'm sorry but that can't pay others spiel is just the same commonly repeated, absolutely never proven standard, just like "contract year" players. Denver with Manning worked, didn't it? What they have in common is attempting to shame/diminish players so they'll be paid less. Sorry, but I think that's the general idea when it comes to fans. Salary cap is a good cover but there's a reason this attitude exists in sports without one. All directed at players and not the teams that do the paying in the first place.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
To be honest I'm tired of hearing about it. Jones dropped this from the start. Either trade him. Sign him. Adopt him. Sick of it! Do something! Either way! End it!