Twitter: Cowboys hopeful on a deal

dallasdave

Reaction score
It did not happen in 2019, when he played out his rookie contract, bypassing close to $90 million in guaranteed money for a $2 million base salary.

It did not happen in 2020, when he opted to play the season on the $31.4 million franchise tag, bypassing a deal worth $110 million guaranteed.

o_O
Great point indeed :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Right up my alley. Let’s get this deal done! $40 mil per and then we can start etching Jones into the executive of the year trophy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wilson's contract is a failing one. Tannehill also. Teams should be figuring out now that overpaying your QB is not working. Those huge amounts are a reason why teams are failing to build super bowl contenders.
The smart teams have recognized this its just that the Rams jumped on Stafford first, that was a bold move giving up what they did, but its setting the stage for plug and play for a trophy like Tampa just did with Brady.
Kind of like a "you build it they will come" environment, its a completely different game than it was just 10 years ago.
I was hopeful that Dallas could get that 5th year in the term, but Im even beginning to doubt it now.

ICP

Reaction score
So the Cowboys are 'Hopeful' a deal can be done, Lol doesn't every team say this at the start of negotiations? Haven't we heard this for years now concerning Dak? Good Grief I can't wait till we move on from this topic to "They paid Dak too much" or " I can't believe they traded him/let him walk in FA" Anything new would be a relief

flyinghorse

Reaction score
“Cowboys Hopeful On A Deal”
“The Two Sides Are Talking”
“Length Of Contract Only Thing Separating Two Sides”
Blah Blah BS BS Blah Blah BS Blah Bs
I’m So Sick Of All The Headlines, Hype, Spin, Exaggeration, & Predictions I Want to barf every time I see an article with the word Dak & Contact in it....Which is almost every damn sports article I see.
JERRY Your 78 Years Old and you don’t exactly look like the poster boy for a life of strict nutrition & discipline exercise. In other words the clock is ticking on ya brother.....Why the hell are you worrying about a measly year on a contract or a couple million here or there.....Ya got more money than God Jerry!!...YOU MAY NOT EVEN LIVE TO SEE THE END OF THE DAMN CONTRACT JERRY!!! PAY THE MAN!!!
GIVE HIM THE SHORTER CONTRACT JERRY!!!
YOU’LL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF LIVING TO THE END OF IT. Save us from this endless gut churning drama JJ

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The only "hope" the Cowboys have of signing Dak is caving to his agent. Booger & Son botched this to the point where Dak has no reason to lower his demands.

Dak can sit back and become a free agent this year or collect $37 million and become a FA next year. Only thing stopping that is Dallas giving him what he wants.