Twitter: Cowboys hopeful on a deal

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Actually this year will be 10 rookies. And that’s without a trade down. Last year we hit on 4 picks. Lol. But yeah let’s keep up the narrative that we can’t draft and fix the defence

LVE: injury issues yet drafted by Dallas in the 1st round and continues to show injury issues

J. Smith: injury issues yet drafted by Dallas in the 2nd round and is a stat compiler not an impact defender

T. Hill: known work ethic issues yet Dallas drafted him in the 2nd round and has shown nothing

T. Charlton: positional reach pick in the 1st round but was booted out of Dallas a few seasons after being drafted

C. Awuzie: 2nd round reach cornerback who has been inconsistent

B. Jones: 1st round cornerback selection who was nothing more than a combine stats guy

R. Gregory: 2nd round known illegal substance user than has had only a few blocks of actually playing since he has been suspended so much

M. Claiborne: 1st round cornerback bust that cost Dallas multiple picks to move up and grab him

Just a small sampling of why I do not trust Dallas to do anything right when drafting for defense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
LVE: injury issues yet drafted by Dallas in the 1st round and continues to show injury issues

J. Smith: injury issues yet drafted by Dallas in the 2nd round and is a stat compiler not an impact defender

T. Hill: known work ethic issues yet Dallas drafted him in the 2nd round and has shown nothing

T. Charlton: positional reach pick in the 1st round but was booted out of Dallas a few seasons after being drafted

B. Jones: 1st round cornerback selection who was nothing more than a combine stats guy

R. Gregory: 2nd round known illegal substance user than has had only a few blocks of actually playing since he has been suspended so much

M. Claiborne: 1st round cornerback bust that cost Dallas multiple picks to move up and grab him

Just a small sampling of why I do not trust Dallas to do anything right when drafting for defense.
All rod Marinelli picks. Look at our picks on defense last year. Talent regardless of scheme

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I was just going to say "wake me up when the Dak drama is over".

But I don't want to sleep until the middle of July.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
If Dak needs one of the two best defenses in the league to win 75% of his games, he's not worth elite QB money.

I didnt say he needed the 2 top defenses to win. I said if the cowboys defense was 75% as good as the ravens and the bills he would win 12 games easily. I also said hes won 13 games before with a mediocre defense before he was as good as he is now.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
If only Dak had this or that or the other thing then he would have won......so very sad the excuses.

So are you saying the drops, fumbles, missed field goals, and the terrible defense are a problem??? Please sir explain your reasoning. I always thought there were 3 phases to the game.

Rogers hasnt won in years....hes lacked something. Watson won 4 games....his team was lacking Brady looked washed 2 years ago_ he lacked something. Dallas has never gotten Dak a real defense. Yet hes been 2 the playoffs twice won a playoff game, was in 2 others that the d failed to get crucial stops after putting the team in the hole. We criticize and discredit 13 and 3 but its his fault when hes 8 and 8 while putting up great numbers.

What does he need to do to show hes top 5 to 7. And name 7 better than him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The only 2020 draft pick that showed anything yet was Trevon Diggs and it's still early yet.
Biadasz was in the all rookie team and gallimore flashed multiple times. I’m just saying that we have picked better since Marinelli was not renewed. To think we passed on Thornhill for Hill astounds me. Lol

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They need to sign him NOW! Once he signs that tag, guaranteeing him 37+ million this year, it will only be harder to get a long term deal done. They will have to go HUGE to make it feel bigger than 37 million and an even bigger payday next year.

Bizwah

Reaction score

Depressing list.

But....Awuzie wasn't considered a reach at the time. He was widely praised by most pundits when we took him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sure Dallas is "hopeful," as long as the prospective deal meets their "druthers." The situation with Dak is, unfortunately, extremely similar.

Either one, the other, or even both must be open to compromise before an agreement materializes. I'd be reluctant to bet on the outcome. o_O

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yep.. about 20 months. The closer we get to March 9th the less I feel we get a deal. Which means we’ll tag him and this is last year with Dak.
I honestly dont see this happening,,, this deal is going to be done quick.

Reactions: CWR

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let’s hope so . But if it doesn’t , then what say you?
Then you know how the cards were played, the future never is how we always hope it will go, and Im just saying that at least we get some closure for a team,, and fan mental health..lol just get a deal done either way.
We get Dak or we go shopping ,,, Does either side actually think that Dak wont be re signed...
Im pretty sure that most know how I feel about it, but this is as sure as snow in Texas

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then you know how the cards were played, the future never is how we always hope it will go, and Im just saying that at least we get some closure for a team,, and fan mental health..lol just get a deal done either way.
We get Dak or we go shopping ,,, Does either side actually think that Dak wont be re signed...
Im pretty sure that most know how I feel about it, but this is as sure as snow in Texas
I certainly thought we’d sign him. But the closer we get to March 9th it appears becomes less likely.