Twitter: Cowboys inquired on Jeremy Maclin

GMO415

Reaction score
Uh...NO
6usf.gif

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So Dak is not allowed to have a favorite target? Unless #1 is based on pay then my point is irrelevant but Dak won’t spread the ball evenly like everyone thinks he will do if we just sign a bunch of ****ty WR’s.

You are clueless. Let the Dez loveboat sail on.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Ravens Transactions
03/14/2018 Terminated the contract of vested veteran WR Jeremy Maclin.

Jags Transactions
03/20/2018 Allen Hurns (WR) released.

Cowboys Transactions
3/22 Deonte Thompson Unrestricted Free Agent Signing (unrestricted free agent signing).
3/26 Allen Hurns Free Agent Signing (free agent signing).

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
You are clueless. Let the Dez loveboat sail on.
Maybe so. Your narrative just screams a WR core of Patrick Craytons, Sam Hurds, and Roy Williams because you don’t wanna distract the QB with someone that wants the ball. Lord knows Tony didn’t make it work with Dez and Dez ain’t nearly as bad as TO. Im concerned that you consider Maclin more of a asset than Dez but your excuse with Maclin is that he had a bad season with Flacco. You want Dez gone even though he and every WR on this team had a bad year with Dak last season.

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I keep telling y’all Dak doesn’t need a (number 1). And we’re a run first team anyway :facepalm:. Drafting a wr is going to be the dumbest thing ever.

slick325

Reaction score
Well, maybe they are acknowledging a need for speed on offense (assuming Maclin still has wheels after injuries).

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Maybe so. Your narrative just screams a WR core of Patrick Craytons, Sam Hurds, and Roy Williams because you don’t wanna distract the QB with someone that wants the ball. Lord knows Tony didn’t make it work with Dez and Dez ain’t nearly as bad as TO. Im concerned that you consider Maclin more of a asset than Dez but your excuse with Maclin is that he had a bad season with Flacco. You want Dez gone even though he and every WR on this team had a bad year with Dak last season.

Did you seriously just compare those scrubs to the like of Hurns, Thompson, and Maclin?

Hurns by himself is better than crayton and Hurd put together and I'd take Maclin over Roy Williams 7 days a week.

I'm not saying Maclin himself is a better asset than Dez but Hurns, Thompson and Maclin together would be a better asset than Dez.

Like I said, you are clueless

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Did you seriously just compare those scrubs to the like of Hurns, Thompson, and Maclin?
No you just made that comparison. Hurns should pan out for us. Thompson still is a maybe to me but I see him getting some time and should add some speed to the WR core. Maclin is on the downside of the downside. You can throw Maclin in the Roy Williams mix. Having a number one is only bad when the price is bad. Restructuring Dez’s contract is more ideal from my understanding but cutting Dez out right will not help our cap as much. Dez demands double teams so players like Hurns can come in and create opportunities. If we have a healthy O line Hurns should be great.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to inquire, although that might well be as far as it goes.

I'm more than okay with Dallas taking a WR with promising upside in the draft.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
No you just made that comparison. Hurns should pan out for us. Thompson still is a maybe to me but I see him getting some time and should add some speed to the WR core. Maclin is on the downside of the downside. You can throw Maclin in the Roy Williams mix. Having a number one is only bad when the price is bad. Restructuring Dez’s contract is more ideal from my understanding but cutting Dez out right will not help our cap as much. Dez demands double teams so players like Hurns can come in and create opportunities. If we have a healthy O line Hurns should be great.

Yeah well last I checked Dez lost so much respect around the league that teams would rather leave him 1on1 and double team Beasley instead lol.

Lets just say beas allowed Dez to get 1on1 and dez still couldn't get open. Pathetic. And half of those were against scrub cornerbacks.

Nobody is scared of Dez anymore. Get over it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Depends on the contract, I wouldn't mind signing him. He has an injury history, but I think he's also fast, right? Could use a little more speed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to inquire, although that might well be as far as it goes.

I'm more than okay with Dallas taking a WR with promising upside in the draft.

If we take one in the first round and cut Dez, then we're spinning our wheels IMO. If you mean taking one sometime after that round to complement Dez and be groomed as a possible replacement, I'm OK with it, although I think we have more needful positions to address with our first three picks.

Verdict

Reaction score
Maybe we don't really want to pay #1 receiver money so we'll have a lot of solid 2's. You're probably right.

Yeah. Or maybe we don't want to pay a #4 receiver top 5 money. I'm telling you guys the cut Dez train is really picking up speed. Heading toward pert damn near terminal velocity.