Cowboys interested in Golden Tate

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Disappointing. I really wanted Dallas to sign him. One of my favorite guys in FA, even though he’s a little older than what I like to sign.

Would have been very good with Coop and Gallup.

Oh well.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tate is a major upgrade from Beasley, I'd do a 1 yr incentive laden deal and cut ties with Hurns.

Not sure if this would be wise, but I wouldn't mind if we did something like 3 years $12 mil with 60% guaranteed at first. He's a really good player, and I think he'd be worth it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thought he said he hated the Cowboys

I see this more of being a similar TO move. I remember, as young as I was then being in Jr High, the grief that Cowboys fans had about signing him for a variety of reasons. Yet, for the 2 of the 3 years he was here, he did do well for us. If we can do a deal similar to that with Tate (with modern cap being adjusted and taken into consideration), I think we could get a quality WR, and it could be quite good for us.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes.

Please.

Cooper, Tate, Gallup would be one of the best three headed WR groups in the NFL.

Could be but Tate is getting long in the tooth. Didn't do much for Philly last season post trade.