Cowboys Jerry Jones leaves door open for coaching change

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I truly don't believe that jerry will replace garrett this year but I also think that maybe Kellen moore and linehan could be gone but I do think that a nonplayoff season next year will be the end for garrett unless jones does give him a extension then what his son said today has no bearing on what will happen jerry is in the hall of fame and has three superbowl trophies his team is worthover 4 billion dollars so his want to win Is not really there

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Cowboy fans are so arrogant. We think that everyone is dying to come coach here. Why would Sean leave the saints? He's got a good thing there while we are a mess because of Jerry. What we saw this year is as good as it gets with Jerry and Jason. Watch next year, Dak or Zeke gets hurt and we get 6 wins. You know our cycle.

Drew Brees is now forty years old and playing for a Superbowl contender. Hmmmm... QB long-of-tooth and a team drafting around the thirties slot.

Might be time for a forward-thinking coach to feather a NEW nest. Payton has been with the Cowboys - he knows all the muckity-mucks at Dallas. He's won it all before - so the players will respect him. And that ring is something Jerry has shown deference to in the past (Parcells.) I like it.

So, why is this so improbable?

doomsday808

Reaction score
No coaching change of any significance. Jerry is genius to keep the Cowboys relevant and in the news feed.

foofighters

Reaction score
Drew Brees is now forty years old and playing for a Superbowl contender. Hmmmm... QB long-of-tooth and a team drafting around the thirties slot.

Might be time for a forward-thinking coach to feather a NEW nest. Payton has been with the Cowboys - he knows all the muckity-mucks at Dallas. He's won it all before - so the players will respect him. And that ring is something Jerry has shown deference to in the past (Parcells.) I like it.

So, why is this so improbable?
Brees is defying the odds. He still may have one or two years left. The ONLY reason Jerry brought in Parcells was to get money for the new stadium. The whole world saw Jerry stick TO in Parcell's face then saw him do it again by hiring Garrett (at that salary) before Wade was brought in. Nobody (of any worth) got time for that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brees is defying the odds. He still may have one or two years left.

Physically? No argument there. But if the Saints happen to win it all again, the perfect way to go out is on top. And few get to do that. Drew Brees has earned over $220 million in salary alone in his career. How much money would you need before you decided to retire, and do anything and everything you've ever wanted?

The ONLY reason Jerry brought in Parcells was to get money for the new stadium.

That's a great urban legend for Jerry bashers.

The whole world saw Jerry stick TO in Parcell's face then saw him do it again by hiring Garrett (at that salary) before Wade was brought in. Nobody (of any worth) got time for that.

Sean Payton and Jerry Jones are close to this day. And both Parcells and Phillips speak well of Jones overall. Payton worked for both Parcells and Jones in the past, so he knows both very well.

Take a step back and look at these Cowboys, any offensive coach who believes in themselves would be salivating at working with what's here.

Young team, with a ton of cap room, and a scouting department drafting as well as anyone in the league. I don't think things look quite as bleak as you do.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn't a doubt in my mind Payton would coach the Cowboys but I don't think he'll be available.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Physically? No argument there. But if the Saints happen to win it all again, the perfect way to go out is on top. And few get to do that. Drew Brees has earned over $220 million in salary alone in his career. How much money would you need before you decided to retire, and do anything and everything you've ever wanted?

That's a great urban legend for Jerry bashers.

Sean Payton and Jerry Jones are close to this day. And both Parcells and Phillips speak well of Jones overall. Payton worked for both Parcells and Jones in the past, so he knows both very well.

Take a step back and look at these Cowboys, any offensive coach who believes in themselves would be salivating at working with what's here.

Young team, with a ton of cap room, and a scouting department drafting as well as anyone in the league. I don't think things look quite as bleak as you do.

Dallas has the tools.

We just need a coach that knows how to use them better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has the tools.

We just need a coach that knows how to use them better.

Exactly! I've been banging that drum for a while now. These coaches are player reliant for any success. They fail in the most critical responsibility a coach can have - to put your players in the best position to succeeed.

This team has the personnel talent to play with and beat anybody, and they've shown that.

Their biggest weaknesses come from their coaching. Antiquated ideas and stubbornness there.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I truly don't believe that jerry will replace garrett this year but I also think that maybe Kellen moore and linehan could be gone but I do think that a nonplayoff season next year will be the end for garrett unless jones does give him a extension then what his son said today has no bearing on what will happen jerry is in the hall of fame and has three superbowl trophies his team is worthover 4 billion dollars so his want to win Is not really there

And boom... Linehan is gone.... LOL