Cowboys just can’t stay out of their own way

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Sep 16, 2021.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    Yeah and that's ok. The league is full of them. I think we see flashes and we get excited because he hasn't played much football...but I think in the NFL when you miss time...you don't get it back. I think the prime of your career is dependent on your age and at Gregory's age he's at the end of his prime and what we are seeing is what he's going to be unfortunately. His career probably got robbed because of it.

cowboyblue22 and Typhus like this.
  2. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,183 Messages
    86,017 Likes Received
    It's pure luck....these guys work hard in the off season. No amount of hate is gonna change that. Just circumstances, but I understand the frustration.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    ESisback likes this.
  3. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Yeah, Gregory’s status, a BS suspension, and injuries—all our fault! Those incompetent fools! Sounds like they just can’t help themselves, huh? I’d say they screwed themselves in a couple of spots depth wise, but they get hammered so hard in just the right places at the worst times. It’s like the penalty thing—they don’t get penalized the most, just at the worst times, like a subjective holding flag on a big drive to secure a win, or a flag when they stop an opponent on third and long.

SlammedZero, gp_cowpolk and Ranching like this.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

102,001 Messages
    30,142 Likes Received
    I think when a player is missing too much time because their action then yes they should be cut. I said it about Gregory but I also know all teams will tolerate it to an extent and have for years as long as the production is happening on the field. The 90's Cowboys were party animals even when Jimmy was there but they turned a blind eye and was not an issue until they started getting caught. Landry tolerated player misconduct off the field but granted things and views were different without the 24/7 media as we see today.

ESisback likes this.
  5. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

15,554 Messages
    22,747 Likes Received
    Know those preseason games homers don’t care when we play like crap because it isn’t the starters? Yeah, that’s the depth getting schooled. Depth for when we have injuries, which are inevitable in the NFL.

Doomsday101 likes this.
  6. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,767 Messages
    30,452 Likes Received
    I expect quitters like yourself to give up so easily. No surprise here.

7. Doomsday101

102,001 Messages
    30,142 Likes Received
    I agree right now I'm glad those guys got the reps, they about to need them.

Aviano90 likes this.
  8. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    But this “validates” his whole “Jerry sucks” agenda!

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  9. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,674 Messages
    17,866 Likes Received
    Chargers have more injuries than we do.

10. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,183 Messages
    86,017 Likes Received
    Lol! Great post! The sky is falling!

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  11. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    I’m sure it’s a conspiracy against ourselves with own players testing positive, taking banned substances and breaking foots in practice.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  12. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    4,460 Messages
    8,004 Likes Received
    It’s a brutal sport - every team will endure injuries (the Ravens have a whole pile of RBs with torn ACL’s - that can’t just be a coincidence). Unfortunately losses don’t have asterisks and the games don’t stop, so next man up.. let’s get it!

13. Doomsday101

102,001 Messages
    30,142 Likes Received
    I have come down on Jerry over the years for different things, unlike some I have credited him and the organization for things I agree on. Unlike some I feel no need or gratification coming here and hammering Jerry every day for everything unless it is good then it was someone else that was responsible. Having said that if I was an owner of a team, Jerry would not be on the list of GM I would look to hire.

Aviano90 likes this.
  14. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,674 Messages
    17,866 Likes Received
    Breaking News
    The sky has fallen we are DOOMED !
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    ESisback and Ranching like this.
  15. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

22,562 Messages
    23,019 Likes Received
    It was week one. Let’s see what happens. The bucs are SB champs and have brady. For all we know the bucs could have improved from last year. But yeah the player loss in the matter of less than 2 weeks is crazy. We need to pull it together and get some momentum and confidence.

ESisback and gp_cowpolk like this.
  16. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    Unless of course you think Jethros leadership has nothing to do with our lack of success this era.

Like it or not if we have players with history of no discipline then it does come back on our leadership.

17. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    You’re welcome to lead the cheers. I’m just reporting on the actual events. We’ll see how their effects are felt. But it’s certainly worthy of concern.

18. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    I hear ya. Unfortunately this era the years have worn on me and I’m not usually the half glass full kind of fan.

glimmerman likes this.
  19. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG MICAH's HOUSE!!!!

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    12,182 Messages
    18,248 Likes Received
    What the heck no Superbowl this year for us????:muttley:

20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

60,629 Messages
    68,037 Likes Received
    The goal right now is just hold on until November.

Having a dream season and getting the 1 seed is out the window.

Fortunately our division is trash so the hope right now is get healthy and come
    November we are still in the thick of it and improving.

These next 5-7 weeks are gonna be a mess though.

gp_cowpolk likes this.