Cowboys just can’t stay out of their own way

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Sep 16, 2021.

1. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    First off, it SEEMS like you use the word “conspiracy” to signal posters like Marcus to come in and back you up. Secondly, we don’t know that Collins tested positive, just that he missed one test too many for whatever reason, that he was tested an abnormal number of times, and that the punishment for missed tests is usually just a fine. A five week suspension seems excessive, and when you consider that the Cowboys finally do look better than the 6-10 mess from 2020, losing such an important cog that certainly weakens the team, conjures thoughts of odd coincidences. In closing, most people without an endless hatred of Jerry would likely agree a broken foot in practice is not a planned event, OR a symptom of an incompetent FO.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  2. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    You say “us” like you’re a Cowboy fan.

Diehardblues and gp_cowpolk like this.
  3. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    This thread was not intended to be about Jethro. It was meant to point out how this team can’t get out of its own way. Regardless who’s fault it is. Perhaps it’s just bad karma. But it has been a fairly reoccurring theme far too many times this era.

4. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Never said Jethro’s leadership had nothing to do with our lack of success. Never even implied it. I just disagree with your nonstop screaming that it’s “ALL Jerry’s fault!”

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

102,001 Messages
    30,142 Likes Received
    as I said outside of Collins there is nothing any team can do about taking injuries or a player testing positive for a virus. I always viewed getting out of your own way is avoiding critical mistakes. Injuries are just part of the game and can't be controlled.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  6. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    Again, I didn’t imply that in my OP. But in a following post did speak of history of a lack of discipline in this franchise.

And if that leadership continues bringing in athletes with continued issues at some point it becomes more on who’s hiring and holding onto the help.

There’s always several contributing factors. And it’s very difficult not to point back to the one constant throughout . I’m open ears to other contributing factors . Fire away.

7. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG MICAH's HOUSE!!!!

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    12,182 Messages
    18,248 Likes Received
    Keep drinking Jerry's Kool-Aid.......:muttley:

8. eternaljester81

eternaljester81 Well-Known Member

1,441 Messages
    2,196 Likes Received
    The Break said he apparently missed on days they were sent home due to COVID. Perhaps it’s more of a communication issue?

9. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    “Can’t get out of it’s own way” is very inaccurate. It implies that Gregory’s situation and injuries to key players is a consequence of incompetence, and your hatred of Jerry is well known. You never miss an opportunity to attach any misfortune to his stewardship. Throw in an odd, seemingly excessive suspension to a key component to our team’s success, and most people might question its validity.

10. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    If we continue getting starters test positive then we can absolutely point to our leadership.

We can excuse an occasional mishap but if the same player continues to have issues and if if the same issue appears to be relaxed then we can point to the lack of discipline .

11. ESisback

7,988 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    And you keep drinking your vinegar, Pappy ABD!

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  12. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,674 Messages
    17,866 Likes Received
    It has Johnny Blue in it Pick the blue Kool-Aid !

ESisback and PAPPYDOG like this.
  13. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

11,674 Messages
    17,866 Likes Received
    Who tested positive ?

14. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    Gregory’s history of suspensions is well documented. And Collins has history too. Lawrence had history of injuries.

At some point great leadership moves on from problem help.

And we all should never miss an opportunity to call out our leadership which has prevented this franchise from more success .

Does this just come down to defending any criticism of the Star. Good grief . Doesn’t anyone else feel like this team is often snakebite?

15. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    Gregory this week. It was Martin last week.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  16. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    33,545 Messages
    59,073 Likes Received
    He had his hands full when he took the job.

Typhus, gp_cowpolk and Diehardblues like this.
  17. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

6,379 Messages
    4,473 Likes Received
    Not to mention Gallimore and Joseph.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  18. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    16,947 Messages
    10,850 Likes Received
    I tried to send you a PM. Rison , Is this guy a joke or is it me

Ranching likes this.
  19. Diehardblues

40,478 Messages
    23,939 Likes Received
    I’m shocked other fans don’t feel this team is snake bit? Like we can’t get out of our own way. Wow

20. Ranching

Ranching Benched

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,183 Messages
    86,017 Likes Received
    We have a few.......