Cowboys just can’t stay out of their own way

plasticman

Reaction score
This is horrible philosophy to me. You don't get the line breaking DT's by trading down.
That strategy was a major factor in the Patriot's winning streak that lasted 19 consecutive seasons.

If you check their drafting history, you will see several trade downs that involved acquiring 2nd and 3rd picks as well as a future #1 pick which they used to trade down the following draft.

During the five year period of 2009-2014, the Patriots selected 11 2nd round picks and 8 3rd round picks.

During the subsequent five years following the 2014 draft, 2014-2018, the Patriots went to every conference championship game, winning four which put them in the Super Bowl of which they won three.

From the results, I would speculate that this strategy was rather successful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Defending ANY criticism? Heck no! Just not connecting injuries to FO incompetence, and every situation of suspension, despite odd coincidences, to Jerry’s mismanagement.

I’ve acknowledged many times—Jerry’s a meddler, a drunken attentionwhore with a giant ego, who’s paid several bad contracts, had bad drafts, took too many chances, mumbled through embarrassing pressers, etc., and I admire your singleminded perseverance and obvious attachment to this franchise. But if we’re going to blame every team failure on Jerry, we must also acknowledge the many achievements over the last 33 years.
Do I have to acknowledge his achievements in every post I call out his failures? :)

plasticman

Reaction score
Considering the unusual number of Cowboy injuries over the last two seasons, i would have to take a strong look at the strength and conditioning coaching and their programs. It's just too much of a coincidence that these many injuries would occur to the same team in consecutive seasons.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That strategy was a major factor in the Patriot's winning streak that lasted 19 consecutive seasons.

If you check their drafting history, you will see several trade downs that involved acquiring 2nd and 3rd picks as well as a future #1 pick which they used to trade down the following draft.

During the five year period of 2009-2014, the Patriots selected 11 2nd round picks and 8 3rd round picks.

During the subsequent five years following the 2014 draft, 2014-2018, the Patriots went to every conference championship game, winning four which put them in the Super Bowl of which they won three.

From the results, I would speculate that this strategy was rather successful.
Well, all I know is the Cowboys haven't had the same success when trading down, nor have many other teams in the NFL. It's unfair to compare the Cowboys with the Patriots organization. They're a one of a kind franchise.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Frustrating, but a very long way to go.

Let's see what happens.

Even of they end up 2-5 or 3-6 they still aren't cooked with six games after Thankgiving including 4 division games.

It's awful that they keep losing guys almost daily, and I dont know if it stops here.....but this season has got to be about patience.
I’m frustrated with the injuries but hoping Lawrence, Gallup have speedy recoveries. I’m pissed with Collins suspension. Granted he was tested clean on 10 occasions; however, missing 7 tests is stupid on his part. Totally dumb ***! Your making millions; look after your business! Do the Cowboys save any money against the cap for the 5 games absent?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you have to acknowledge his failures in every post?
If you look thru my 38,000 + post I don’t mention his failures in every post. He’s also not a subject matter in all of my threads . But he is a focus of my criticism. And I believe deservedly so. As he’s the one constant throughout this era.

This is a fan forum in social media. Surely I don’t have to treat him like I would my wife with kid gloves when offering up some critical comments greasing the hole every time before slamming it.

Perhaps we have some fans a little too sensitive. I’d suggest looking the other way or ignoring if you’re going to defend his every move or you might get caught up in the crossfire. Your choice.

ESisback

Reaction score
If you look thru my 38,000 + post I don’t mention his failures in every post. He’s also not a subject matter in all of my threads . But he is a focus of my criticism. And I believe deservedly so. As he’s the one constant throughout this era.

This is a fan forum in social media. Surely I don’t have to treat him like I would my wife with kid gloves when offering up some critical comments greasing the hole every time before slamming it.

Perhaps we have some fans a little too sensitive. I’d suggest looking the other way or ignoring if you’re going to defend his every move or you might get caught up in the crossfire. Your choice.

1)I don’t defend his every move.
2)You make points and that’s fine. I make points and I’m “sensitive”. I should refrain from reading and commenting, simply because my opinion doesn’t match yours, right?
3)Of course you don’t mention Jerry in every one of your 38,000 posts, but I’d bet the farm the percentages are MUCH higher for your anti-Jerry than my “defending” Jerry.
4)Let’s just agree to disagree, ok?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Only two weeks into the season we now have lost both our starting DE’s, starting right tackle and a starting WR. And that doesn’t count losing our All Pro RG in the opener.

Hopefully Gregory can return next week but who knows. The Chargers with Herbert and that passing attack must be kicking their chops now.

I was initially hopeful we could avoid 0-2 but not looking good now . We just can’t stay out of our own way. Pitiful !!

Wasn't like we were going to get any pressure anyways

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1)I don’t defend his every move.
2)You make points and that’s fine. I make points and I’m “sensitive”. I should refrain from reading and commenting, simply because my opinion doesn’t match yours, right?
3)Of course you don’t mention Jerry in every one of your 38,000 posts, but I’d bet the farm the percentages are MUCH higher for your anti-Jerry than my “defending” Jerry.
4)Let’s just agree to disagree, ok?
I’m just trying to understand any fan who isn’t anti-Jerry when it comes to Cowboys football ? Seems like my wagon would be one everyone would jump on. It certainly is in my circle of fans.

But you try and lessen the blow by not as much actually defending Jethro but by attempting to discredit me personally with my history of attacks on him.

If you have some support of Jethro in these attacks by offering evidence to counter the criticism then by all means provide it but all you offered up thus far is criticism of me calling him out. Same old crap I’ve been dealing with from fans like you for all of these years.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
I’m just trying to understand any fan who isn’t anti-Jerry when it comes to Cowboys football ? Seems like my wagon would be one everyone would jump on. It certainly is in my circle of fans.

But you try and lessen the blow by not as much actually defending Jethro but by attempting to discredit me personally with my history of attacks on him.

If you have some support of Jethro in these attacks by offering evidence to counter the criticism then by all means provide it but all you offered up thus far is criticism of me calling him out. Same old crap I’ve been dealing with from fans like you for all of these years.

Yeah, a different opinion is an “attack”! Hahahaha! Funny stuff! “Fans like me” don’t generally condescend to fans outside the Dallas metro. We don’t insinuate those living outside your area are inferior fans. Plus, we acknowledge Jerry’s many shortcomings without letting it consume our fandom.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Amazing the fans who come to Jethros defense. Never ceases to amaze me. Interestingly I’ve found most of them in these fan sites. Hard to find one in person in DFW area.

Where’s Cowboy Roy who always says there isn’t fans defending Jethro. Lol

ESisback

Reaction score
Amazing, the fans who can’t stop crying. Millions of great Cowboy fans outside the DFW bubble.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you want to cheer all the way. Go ahead. But stay out of the way of true critics who hold our owners feet to the fire every step of the way.

He’s the most hated sports figure in DFW area who owns are most beloved sports franchise.

And it’s just a sports team to fans from afar. Most of them haven’t even been to Dallas area or a Cowboys game. This idiot football owner not only represents our local franchise but our community.

It’s personal. Something fans from 1500 miles away would never understand or couldn’t care less. To them the Cowboys is only about 3 hours a week of entertainment if they even watch that many games.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Real Cowboy fans don’t cry, they complain and critique . Figure out the difference.

If you want to cheer all the way. Go ahead. But stay out of the way of true critics who hold our owners feet to the fire every step of the way.

He’s the most hated sports figure in DFW area who owns are most beloved sports franchise.

Constant complaining IS crying. Hate all you want, like it’s your own livelihood being endangered. Wealthy sports figures don’t need you in their fan club.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Constant complaining IS crying. Hate all you want, like it’s your own livelihood being endangered. Wealthy sports figures don’t need you in their fan club.
It’s personal. Something fans from 1500 miles away would never understand or couldn’t care less. To them the Cowboys is only about 3 hours a week of entertainment if they even watch that many games.

Fans like you will never understand how invested many of us have been in this franchise .

Such shallow thinking that critical thinking is hate or crying. Haven’t you ever stood up for anything in your life . Or just used to taking everything crammed down your throat. Stand up for something. And if you don’t have the time or energy respect those who do.

More frikin defending this pitiful arse owner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I try to look the other way. But some keep coming after me cause I’m calling out our piece of crap owner.

Screw em. I’m tired of being cordial. They’re as much of the problem. Jethro sympathizers.

ESisback

Reaction score

Fans like you will never understand how invested many of us have been in this franchise .

Such shallow thinking that critical thinking is hate or crying. Haven’t you ever stood up for anything in your life . Or just used to taking everything crammed down your throat. Stand up for something. And if you don’t have the time or energy respect those who do.

More frikin defending this pitiful arse owner.
This is why so many people have no time for you. The utter arrogance and condescension. MILLIONS of great Cowboy fans outside your bubble are invested too, and they’re offended by your stupid belief that you’re superior. Guess what? WRONNNNGGG!!

You give whatever opinion you want, and that’s fine. Someone else gives their opinion, and if it’s different from yours, they’re “attacking” you! They’re shallow, and not a critical thinker, and not a real fan. You have to give respect to get respect, but all you do is parrot that ‘local is better’ horsepoop, you pompous flake! I’ve said NUMEROUS times that I want a GM. I’ve listed all JJ’s faults and shortcoming many times, but you only hear what you want to hear, and no, you haven’t expressed your disdain for Jones in every single one of your 38,000 posts. But everyone that posts here on a regular basis KNOWS what your central theme is, and they know you’ll NEVER shut up about it, so go ahead with your stupid comeback. I’m dropping this and walking away from this thread, because NOTHING that ANYONE ever says or does will stop your beyond tiresome agenda, and that Jerry will continue to do whatever he does, totally unaware of your stupid raging. Rest assured the majority of the great fans out there who think you’re a condescending jerk will go on doing exactly what they’ve always done.

So go ahead. Prove me right. Regurgitate some more flaccid nonsense, respond, while the rest of us walk away laughing.