Twitter: Cowboys - Lawrence close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
hmm hmmm....not at all what I said. I said the tag is a way to get the ball rolling to a longterm deal OR TRADE. Jeesh, your hopeless.
Lawrence was never going to sign the tender unless he absolutely had to.

It really does not serve as a springboard for a long-term deal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hey AbeBeta, if you wanna argue for the of arguing, then I'm not your guy. I will simply ignore that nonsense.I'm too damn old to be wasting my time with folks who don't keep an open mind. Have a good day, just the same.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lawrence was never going to sign the tender unless he absolutely had to.

It really does not serve as a springboard for a long-term deal.
nah, but if things got THAT BAD...worse come to worse, he should really sign it. The surgery issue is my main concern though. Clocks ticking for week 1.

Alexander

Reaction score
Good news!
The only "good news" is that the Cowboys seem "optimistic" now they are "talking again".

Coming from one of the most pathologically optimistic front offices in football, it does not mean much.

For all we know, Stephen Jones slid his honest offer across the table, Canter took a look at it and flipped him the bird.

"Well, at least we are talking!".

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
His surgery has a 8-12 week recovery time. 4-6 weeks for healing and another 4-6 weeks to get it strengthened back up.

This is getting close to it threatening his ability to perform in camp.

I think both sides know it and want to get it done. Last reports were they're haggling between 20 vs 22.5 - seems like middle ground should work for both parties.

Alexander

Reaction score
nah, but if things got THAT BAD...worse come to worse, he should really sign it. The surgery issue is my main concern though. Clocks ticking for week 1.
If it comes down to that level, Lawrence will sign it when he is good and ready.

I don't think having to swallow a bitter pill like that which he stated he didn't want would motivate him to be ready for the season.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think both sides know it and want to get it done. Last reports were they're haggling between 20 vs 22.5 - seems like middle ground should work for both parties.
I don't think you have a prolonged staring contest like this over a couple of million dollars.

There are likely terms of how the money is distributed and even a significant difference between the guarantees that make it like this.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
If we sign Lawrence and somehow make a move to get Gerald McCoy (or Suh), we can draft all tight ends and long snappers in the draft, and I'll still be a happy man.

CWR

Reaction score
hmm hmmm....not at all what I said. I said the tag is a way to get the ball rolling to a longterm deal OR TRADE. Jeesh, your hopeless.

Hehe! Abe is a real sassy pants, but we are friends anyhow.

ShortRound

Reaction score
The only "good news" is that the Cowboys seem "optimistic" now they are "talking again".

Coming from one of the most pathologically optimistic front offices in football, it does not mean much.

For all we know, Stephen Jones slid his honest offer across the table, Canter took a look at it and flipped him the bird.

"Well, at least we are talking!".

I think you're right

conner01

Reaction score
His surgery has a 8-12 week recovery time. 4-6 weeks for healing and another 4-6 weeks to get it strengthened back up.

This is getting close to it threatening his ability to perform in camp.
I’ve read much longer recovery times for players so I hope you are right
I don’t expect him to play game one myself

Status
Not open for further replies.