Reaction score
Elite Pass Rushers are extremely difficult to find

Last 14 games
Lawrence 5 sacks 14 QB hits
Gregory 5 sacks 15 QB hits

Do we have 2 elite pass rushers, or 0?

My vote is 0.

Whoever signs Lawrence will regret it.

Best case is that he stays healthy and gives good production that never lives up to elite money.

Worst case is that in a couple of years his injury history catches up with him and he gives mediocre production while keeping us from investing in and developing replacements.

Warren Buffett
“You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”

It's not the good investments you pass on that kill you.
It's the bad investments you bite on.​

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At various times we've seen reports they were close and reports that they were far apart. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt until we see something more concrete.

DRella

Reaction score
Being reported on Dallas Cowboys official website that they are close and this is the first time anything positive came out of these negotiations. You would have to think that Jerry wouldnt falsify information on teams website if it were untrue.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Don’t over pay JJ. Probly are now with current offer. I just have a bad feeling about him getting injured again.

RamziD

Reaction score
When competing narratives like these are being circulated in the media, makes you feel like they’re entering the end stages of the negotiation. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a deal finalized today.

Nexx

Reaction score
Last 14 games
Lawrence 5 sacks 14 QB hits
Gregory 5 sacks 15 QB hits

Do we have 2 elite pass rushers, or 0?

My vote is 0.

Whoever signs Lawrence will regret it.

Best case is that he stays healthy and gives good production that never lives up to elite money.

Worst case is that in a couple of years his injury history catches up with him and he gives mediocre production while keeping us from investing in and developing replacements.

Warren Buffett
“You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”

It's not the good investments you pass on that kill you.
It's the bad investments you bite on.​

So I guess Khalil Mack who had 6.5 sacks in his last 14 games isn’t elite either?

cern

Reaction score
anything concerning Lawrence is now being filed under the "meh" heading.

Reactions: G2

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Recovery After Labral Tear Shoulder Surgery
After surgery, you will need to wear a sling for three to four weeks. Your doctor will also prescribe gentle, passive, pain-free range of motion exercises to keep the shoulder capsule from becoming stiff. When the sling is removed, you will need to do motion and flexibility exercises which gradually strengthen your biceps, rotator cuff muscles and other surrounding muscles.

Athletes can usually begin doing sport specific exercises eight to 12 weeks after repair, as it will be three to four months before the shoulder is fully healed.

https://www.mymosh.com/services/shoulder-care/shoulder-labral-tears/

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
So I guess Khalil Mack who had 6.5 sacks in his last 14 games isn’t elite either?

And he didn’t even play the full season, can’t forget about Mack’s injury “issue”.

The fact remains that law is elite against the run and more than capable against the pass.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They want this done as much as us. They want this done before the draft to focus. He’s resigned recover from surgery. Our line is looking good get a dt and safety early.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At the risk of being the contrarian on this thread, I would look to trade DLaw, assuming of course, the deal goes through.

I have no axe to grind with DLaw and, would wish him all the success in the world. I simply have an issue locking up so much money in one position with a player that, to be fair, is not top 5. And, before someone offers comments about fair market value, I am acutely aware how and why that works.

I just can't help but believe that if we could recoup a first round pick this year, we would be better off in the long-term.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Recovery After Labral Tear Shoulder Surgery
After surgery, you will need to wear a sling for three to four weeks. Your doctor will also prescribe gentle, passive, pain-free range of motion exercises to keep the shoulder capsule from becoming stiff. When the sling is removed, you will need to do motion and flexibility exercises which gradually strengthen your biceps, rotator cuff muscles and other surrounding muscles.

Athletes can usually begin doing sport specific exercises eight to 12 weeks after repair, as it will be three to four months before the shoulder is fully healed.

https://www.mymosh.com/services/shoulder-care/shoulder-labral-tears/
If he gets it done tomorrow then he will be healed by early August and preseason will be his training camp.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If he gets it done tomorrow then he will be healed by early August and preseason will be his training camp.

True time is a wasting. Expectation however if he gets the deal he wants will be sky high, you want to be paid as the best then you should be expected to play as such

Status
Not open for further replies.