Twitter: Cowboys - Lawrence close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So I guess Khalil Mack who had 6.5 sacks in his last 14 games isn’t elite either?

Not commenting on the elite part, however It's 8.5 sacks in his team's last 14 games; but hey why look something up when you can just make something up.

http://www.nfl.com/player/khalilmack/2543463/gamelogs

(If you want to count the bye I suppose its 7.5 sacks, and yes I included his zero sack playoff game) For the record that is like 70% more sacks in the that 14 game time frame.

Additionally, if you want to go by games he actually played in, it would be 11.5 sacks in his last 14 games (not the last 14 games his team played).

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
This was always going to get done. Elite Pass Rushers are extremely difficult to find
indeed and some that are good and feel they are elite can be paid like they are. I only hope his upcoming contract don't doom us for the future and we can still extend Dak and Zeke and Smith. I also hope hes on the field healthy

starfan1

Reaction score
So I guess Khalil Mack who had 6.5 sacks in his last 14 games isn’t elite either?
have you watched Khalil mack impact a game and compared him to these 2. Its not even close. Khalil takes it over. Khalil much better. that said i think having Tank and Quinn will make a difference

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
At the risk of being the contrarian on this thread, I would look to trade DLaw, assuming of course, the deal goes through.

I have no axe to grind with DLaw and, would wish him all the success in the world. I simply have an issue locking up so much money in one position with a player that, to be fair, is not top 5. And, before someone offers comments about fair market value, I am acutely aware how and why that works.

I just can't help but believe that if we could recoup a first round pick this year, we would be better off in the long-term.
name 5 better DEs

Tussinman

Reaction score
Both sides are feeling the Heat. It's getting to the point now where he needs a deal in the next couple weeks or it's going to interfere with pretty much all of training camp (cowboys want him healthy asap)

On the opposite side his agent knows he better get a deal or the Cowboys will simply just pull the franchise tag in mid-june and him and his client will be sitting there looking like idiots with an injured shoulder in the middle of the summer with no deal (basically 2019 would be a waste )

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Mack only played 15 games last season.
1 sack, 0 QB hits in his first game. 0 sacks, 2QB hits in one playoff game.

Last 14 games:
11.5 sacks, 20 QB hits.

Over 100% more sacks than Lawrence, nearly 50% more QB hits.

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Current DL:

DE - Quinn, Armstrong, Charlton, Hyder
DE? - Lawrence, Gregory
DT - Woods, Collins, Covington, Ross
DT? - Crawford

Reactions: CWR

AbeBeta

Reaction score
hmm hmmm....not at all what I said. I said the tag is a way to get the ball rolling to a longterm deal OR TRADE. Jeesh, your hopeless.

Literally NONE of the DL tagged have signed their tags. Signing the tag has nothing to do with getting the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.