Twitter: Cowboys - Lawrence close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
So we're going to be #1 in the NFL in money spent on the DL and still be middle of the pack in sacks.

Something's not adding up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
At the risk of being the contrarian on this thread, I would look to trade DLaw, assuming of course, the deal goes through.

I have no axe to grind with DLaw and, would wish him all the success in the world. I simply have an issue locking up so much money in one position with a player that, to be fair, is not top 5. And, before someone offers comments about fair market value, I am acutely aware how and why that works.

I just can't help but believe that if we could recoup a first round pick this year, we would be better off in the long-term.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. Whoever signs Lawrence will be overpaying.

We can pay for Quinn, Crawford, and the first round pick for what we'd pay Lawrence. And that's cap hit, where much of that is sunk cost with Crawford.

starfan1

Reaction score
name 5 better DEs

Ill name 5 edge rushers better
Mack
Miller
Watt
Ingram
Bosa
Cameron Jordon's pretty good too
People really need to stop using the name Khalil Mack in any discussion on Lawrence.
why? Isnt that the standard that tank wants to use to get paid?

if your talking strictly DE there isnt 5 better tank is at the top 2 or 3 but then he should get paid like DE does and not an impact pass rusher and thats not 23 i think its closer to 18

Proof

Reaction score
Hopefully this comes to fruition so we can put it to bed. I’d honestly resigned myself to the fact he was gone. Figured trade or rescinded tag, so fingers crossed

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
At the risk of being the contrarian on this thread, I would look to trade DLaw, assuming of course, the deal goes through.

I have no axe to grind with DLaw and, would wish him all the success in the world. I simply have an issue locking up so much money in one position with a player that, to be fair, is not top 5. And, before someone offers comments about fair market value, I am acutely aware how and why that works.

I just can't help but believe that if we could recoup a first round pick this year, we would be better off in the long-term.

Just to understand you don’t believe he’s a top 5 defensive end or a top 5 defender overall.
I can see the latter but I can’t get behind the defensive end part. No defensive end who had as many sacks as he had made even half the plays vs the run he did last year. He matched watts pressures in 3/4 of the snaps.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Ill name 5 edge rushers better
Mack
Miller
Watt
Ingram
Bosa
Cameron Jordon's pretty good too

why? Isnt that the standard that tank wants to use to get paid?

if your talking strictly DE there isnt 5 better tank is at the top 2 or 3 but then he should get paid like DE does and not an impact pass rusher and thats not 23 i think its closer to 18

With bosa his injury concerns are up there like law.
Seems to run in his family strangely.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Lawrence done real soon and then get Dak and Cooper done before the 15th. Listening to the radio shows in Dallas, they seem like Lawrence is close and also some interesting stuff on the draft saying those same "sources" had Dallas draft board with only 11 first round prospects and then 30 more they considered 2nd round so only 41 guys that are rated 1st or 2nd round material. Not a good draft prospect this year.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I figured they would be soon. I thought we would hear about an agreement by the end of next week because of the time needed for him to recover from surgery.

If its going to happen it needs to happen now so he can get surgery and be of use this season.

So you're saying that Lawrence's strategy of using the surgery to hold the Cowboys hostage is working if a deal indeed gets done? Despite the criticism of those grudgingly without the opportunity to use it for tens of millions, this is how negotiation works: you use what you got.

Hardline

Reaction score
Yeah because nobody has a source. And we hear about things before they are made official, routinely, by magic or something.
Most of the time credible news sources tell us their name. "Sources" are unverified and have no accountability for being wrong.

erod

Reaction score
They have to get this done so he'll have his surgery soon!

Yes, I just wrote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.