Twitter: Cowboys - Lawrence close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Good.

It would have been nice to not drag it out so long with two years and seemingly no backup plan, but I'd rather have him over the next few years then not have him at this point.

I'd have signed a legit 3Tech and let Crawford go, that'd be a good spot to be in going into the draft and this season, but we like being sentimental.

I'd also already have it pretty much set in stone that I'd be restructuring Lawrence next year. It'd be like collecting future interest for free, especially when cap rolls over. That's assuming we try and win, but I thought we'd try a little harder this year, given our finish, our deficiencies, prevalence of rookie deals, future cap flexibility, so what do I know.

Hopefully Cooper is done next. Good lord I do not want him having yet a good year and having to match another NFL league year offseason WR contract increase. Just get it over with.

Reactions: CWR

glimmerman

Reaction score
So did he sign yet... I am so excited.:popcorn:.. I wonder how much they settle on.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh I know it is whenever I turn on Foxnews but that is beside the point. The term "fake news" is a meaningless term that is now in vogue to mean "I disagree with what I read".

People only like echo chambers so anything that does not fit into the echo chamber is deemed "fake news".

....and it turns out this is fake news since someone else's "source" says the opposite.

So, there ya go.

CCBoy

Reaction score
US+money+pile.jpg
Make it rain at the strip joint...

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
....and it turns out this is fake news since someone else's "source" says the opposite.

So, there ya go.
But but but
Someone else’s source has disputed the other sources who disputed the other sources who in turn disputed the other sources ...

I will just wait until the source is a press conference or official announcement of his signing .. otherwise I will just scoff at the rest
:muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's tap the brakes a bit, relax and settle for the realization that both sides are back to talking. It's encouraging but things obviously aren't settled, as yet. Suffice it to say, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to keep our eyes and ears on alert for any incoming revelations. ;)

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
so how do we know if this is fake news and is this a bannable offense?

jk

It's most likely made up click bait. But, just send money to Fisher and he will give you the straight skinny... Fish always has the info for a nice price.

blueblood70

Reaction score
what is it with news about news to come LOL come on when it happens it happens but the whole its close thing is wasting space..most of us are plugged in and get push notices all day plus listen to sports talk tv and radio..dont need an alert about things to come..when it comes we can debate the prices etc.lots of debate if the cowboys caved and paid DL like mack..I will not be happy..it means they will over pay Dak as well..

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

So, there ya go.

it makes the report possibly incorrect, not "fake news". Fake news if the term actually had meaning, would be reporting that Armstrong didn't walk on the moon as if it were true. Writing that someone is close to a deal is not "fake news"

RoboQB

Reaction score
Well, I just confirmed this board is leaning clearly to the left.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Ill name 5 edge rushers better
Mack
Miller
Watt
Ingram
Bosa
Cameron Jordon's pretty good too

why? Isnt that the standard that tank wants to use to get paid?

if your talking strictly DE there isnt 5 better tank is at the top 2 or 3 but then he should get paid like DE does and not an impact pass rusher and thats not 23 i think its closer to 18

For one Von Miller isnt a DE hes a OLB.

Last 2 yrs

Demarcus Lawrence
122 tackles 29 TFL 50 qb hits 25 sacks 6 forced fumbles 2 fumble recoveries 1 int

Khalil Mack
125 tackles 25 TFL 40 qb hits 23 sacks 7 forced fumbles 3 fumble recoveries 1 int

JJ Watt
76 tackles 21 TFL 30 qb hits 7 Forced fumbles 16 sacks

Melvin Ingram
99 tackles 25 TFL 41 qb hits 17.5 sacks 2 forced fumbles 4 fumble recoveries

Joey Bosa
93 tackles 18 TFL 30 qb hits 15 sacks 4 forced fumbles 2 fumble recoveries

Cameron Jordan
111 tackles 25 TFL 49 qb hits 25 sacks 3 forced fumbles 1 fumble recovery

The only DE who is better is Khalil mack but even he is inferior in terms of production vs Lawrence. Get outta here with your bs on 5 DE better. If Watt could stay healthy he would be better. But only Khalil is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So did he sign yet... I am so excited.:popcorn:.. I wonder how much they settle on.

Cowboys offered him $23 million per year, but apparently he now wants $30. Cowboys fans are holding a rally tonight to burn his jersey and officially adopt Robert Quinn as their new champion ... until, of course, next offseason when they will say he's not worth what it would take to keep him.

keds

Reaction score
Oh I know it is whenever I turn on Foxnews but that is beside the point. The term "fake news" is a meaningless term that is now in vogue to mean "I disagree with what I read".

People only like echo chambers so anything that does not fit into the echo chamber is deemed "fake news".

I beg to disagree...

Truth can be verified if there is transparency, when facts and details are available... Fake news can be an agenda-driven repeated false narrative that can't be confirmed or verified...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
it makes the report possibly incorrect, not "fake news". Fake news if the term actually had meaning, would be reporting that Armstrong didn't walk on the moon as if it were true. Writing that someone is close to a deal is not "fake news"

It's either they are close or they are not close. don't want to be labeled fake news, find better sources.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Or, it really is fake news. Which literally is self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.