Twitter: Cowboys - Lawrence close on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
Good.

It would have been nice to not drag it out so long with two years and seemingly no backup plan, but I'd rather have him over the next few years then not have him at this point.

I'd have signed a legit 3Tech and let Crawford go, that'd be a good spot to be in going into the draft and this season, but we like being sentimental.

I'd also already have it pretty much set in stone that I'd be restructuring Lawrence next year. It'd be like collecting future interest for free, especially when cap rolls over. That's assuming we try and win, but I thought we'd try a little harder this year, given our finish, our deficiencies, prevalence of rookie deals, future cap flexibility, so what do I know.

Hopefully Cooper is done next. Good lord I do not want him having yet a good year and having to match another NFL league year offseason WR contract increase. Just get it over with.

Well they attempted to have a back up plan. It just wasn't a good one.

Im with you on locking up Coop. Hell Id lock up Zeke and Dak as well.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Cowboys offered him $23 million per year, but apparently he now wants $30. Cowboys fans are holding a rally tonight to burn his jersey and officially adopt Robert Quinn as their new champion ... until, of course, next offseason when they will say he's not worth what it would take to keep him.
He only wants $30, sign him NOW....:muttley::lmao2:

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Last 14 games
Lawrence 5 sacks 14 QB hits
Gregory 5 sacks 15 QB hits

Do we have 2 elite pass rushers, or 0?

My vote is 0.

Whoever signs Lawrence will regret it.

Best case is that he stays healthy and gives good production that never lives up to elite money.

Worst case is that in a couple of years his injury history catches up with him and he gives mediocre production while keeping us from investing in and developing replacements.

Warren Buffett
“You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”

It's not the good investments you pass on that kill you.
It's the bad investments you bite on.​

He's had back to back 10 plus sack seasons not to mention 48 tackles for loss and 67 QB hits. What else do you need to see from him? You're quoting Warren Buffet on a Cowboys messaging board. LoL

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's had back to back 10 plus sack seasons not to mention 48 tackles for loss and 67 QB hits. What else do you need to see from him?

An asking price in line with production.

Since I know that isn't going to happen, I'll take a pick from a team he arranges a contract with.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
An asking price in line with production.

Since I know that isn't going to happen, I'll take a pick from a team he arranges a contract with.

Which 4-3 DE with big bucks has produced consistently better than him that got a deal relatively recently?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don’t over pay JJ. Probly are now with current offer. I just have a bad feeling about him getting injured again.

I suspect that there are probably factors being discussed in the contract to address this potential problem. I suspect that's partially why there's a hold up with the guarantees and the contract.

rags747

Reaction score
I will go out on a limb and say that we have seen the best of Lawrence Plus the fact how much will his shoulder surgery slow him down this year? Rather get a 2nd for him now...

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Orly.jpg

BillyBates

Reaction score
Mr Twain , The primary rule of business success is loyalty to your employer. That's all right--as a theory. What is the matter with loyalty to yourself?...JJ JUST MAKE HIM HAPPY.

Status
Not open for further replies.