Twitter: Cowboys leading the NFL in drops in 2020

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by America's Cowboy, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DCreppinBoysfan

DCreppinBoysfan Well-Known Member

2,841 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Gallup has had the dropsies every year he’s been j the league. It’s why I say it’s silly for ppl to sue him more than Cooper. He’s the third best we on this team at best. I would trade him before the other two.

Ekspozed likes this.
  2. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

6,101 Messages
    7,264 Likes Received
    You do realize eggnog has alcohol in it, right?

3. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
    Bucs coach Bruce Arians doesn’t put much weight in those numbers. “I don’t know who makes up these stats,” he said Wednesday. “I don’t see us dropping the ball that much. We had a game where we did, but I don’t put any stock in it. Our guys can catch, and we don’t say (anything) about it.”

4. SumGuy

SumGuy Active Member

87 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Well the Steelers have just 4 less drops and are undefeated. So there's that....

America's Cowboy likes this.
  5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,322 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    lol...true.

6. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

8,901 Messages
    5,529 Likes Received
    Need some stickum

7. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,322 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    You've got that right! Old school...

[​IMG]

8. black label

black label Well-Known Member

4,369 Messages
    6,930 Likes Received
  9. DCreppinBoysfan

DCreppinBoysfan Well-Known Member

2,841 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Auto spell does that too me all the time. “Wr” isn’t a word so it always substitutes it as “we”.

sorry about that. I should proofread next time

10. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

1,790 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    It is all part of the culture. The team exhibits zero sense of urgency. Entire games are lost and the loss is brushed aside for any number of excuses. Possessions are thrown away by fumbles. Easy TDs are given up by the defense. Balls are dropped. It is OK cause at the end of the day the lord and ruler will proclaim that all is good and we like our guys.

11. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

588 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Or people just drop the ball sometimes

12. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

8,901 Messages
    5,529 Likes Received
    I am all about old school !

13. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

12,264 Messages
    16,832 Likes Received
    Yup. When it was Dak playing it was his fault. Now that its Dalton. Its the WR's fault lol. Amazing logic.

starfan1 likes this.
  14. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,538 Messages
    3,234 Likes Received

Actually a drop is scored when a receiver does not catch a ball that he gets both hands on that most receivers would have caught. Just touching the ball with one hand and not catching it or on a long ball where the receiver only gets his finger tips on the ball are not counted as drops.

15. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,538 Messages
    3,234 Likes Received

I'll bet that sometimes receivers take their eyes off the ball looking to make a move after catching it to make a play, but your thing about where the ball is and their hands thing is a little to far of a stretch. They are professional receivers and until just a second before the ball gets to them they are running and their arms are pumping. They are most of the time watching the pass coming in and can see where they need to place their hands. If what you said about this with the hands then they would be dropping all the balls in practice when backup QB's are taking snaps.

Usually you have well thought out ideas of things but this one I think you went a little overboard.

16. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

18,217 Messages
    39,807 Likes Received
    What is going on is, the cowboys receivers are not the most sure handed in the league. Although Lamb probably has some of the best hands in the league.

Cooper and Gallup are big play receivers. But they both get cases of the dropsies at times. It’s just who they are as players. But you can deal with the drops generally, because the big plays often outweighs them.

Oh and Zeke sucks at catching the football.

17. Streetwise

Streetwise Taco Engineer

14,976 Messages
    16,053 Likes Received
    We need the inspirational genius of Patches O'Houlihan.

18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

19,255 Messages
    25,336 Likes Received
    And Gallup has to lead in those for the second consecutive year. He’s Alvin Harper folks. He can make the spectacular catch, but can’t make the routine one’s.