Twitter: Cowboys leading the NFL in drops in 2020

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if Cooper is leading the pack in that department or hell even Zeke.

Gallup seems to have the drops this year too
Gallup has had the dropsies every year he’s been j the league. It’s why I say it’s silly for ppl to sue him more than Cooper. He’s the third best we on this team at best. I would trade him before the other two.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Gallup has had the dropsies every year he’s been j the league. It’s why I say it’s silly for ppl to sue him more than Cooper. He’s the third best we on this team at best. I would trade him before the other two.
You do realize eggnog has alcohol in it, right?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Bucs coach Bruce Arians doesn’t put much weight in those numbers. “I don’t know who makes up these stats,” he said Wednesday. “I don’t see us dropping the ball that much. We had a game where we did, but I don’t put any stock in it. Our guys can catch, and we don’t say (anything) about it.”

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Need some stickum
You've got that right! Old school...

20201125-233726.jpg

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It is all part of the culture. The team exhibits zero sense of urgency. Entire games are lost and the loss is brushed aside for any number of excuses. Possessions are thrown away by fumbles. Easy TDs are given up by the defense. Balls are dropped. It is OK cause at the end of the day the lord and ruler will proclaim that all is good and we like our guys.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
It is all part of the culture. The team exhibits zero sense of urgency. Entire games are lost and the loss is brushed aside for any number of excuses. Possessions are thrown away by fumbles. Easy TDs are given up by the defense. Balls are dropped. It is OK cause at the end of the day the lord and ruler will proclaim that all is good and we like our guys.
Or people just drop the ball sometimes

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Im not mistaken there was quite the discussion on this last year as well when we lead the league then. I think it went something like this "Daks fault"! "Not daks fault"! Im being a bit sarcastic here but you get the drift
Yup. When it was Dak playing it was his fault. Now that its Dalton. Its the WR's fault lol. Amazing logic.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
What is Drops?
This statistic counts the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it.
If the ball is thrown but the receiver never gets his hands on it, it is not recorded as a drop.
It is recorded by some teams and publications, but not officially by the NFL.

Actually a drop is scored when a receiver does not catch a ball that he gets both hands on that most receivers would have caught. Just touching the ball with one hand and not catching it or on a long ball where the receiver only gets his finger tips on the ball are not counted as drops.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There's a lot of factors at play here.. The obvious one is the change in QBs. Each one delivers the ball slightly differently so the ability to read the flight of the ball and have one's hands properly positioned when the ball gets there is just that much more difficult. For example if the ball is coming head high out of one guy's hands and always comes in head high then you have your hands up, thumbs facing each other. But if the ball dies in the last few feet of flight you have to have your hands down, thumbs facing away. But until you spend significant time catching balls from a guy you don't know if his fastball always come straight at you or tails away at the last minute.. The other factor is just guys trying to do too much. We've obviously been behind a lot and guys who fancy themselves playmakers naturally try harder to make a play when the team is behind. Which typically leads to more mistakes. Still they're averaging less than three drops a game. Yes some of them have come at crucial times.. but I suspect most of them have just been a third down pass that led to a punt.

I'll bet that sometimes receivers take their eyes off the ball looking to make a move after catching it to make a play, but your thing about where the ball is and their hands thing is a little to far of a stretch. They are professional receivers and until just a second before the ball gets to them they are running and their arms are pumping. They are most of the time watching the pass coming in and can see where they need to place their hands. If what you said about this with the hands then they would be dropping all the balls in practice when backup QB's are taking snaps.

Usually you have well thought out ideas of things but this one I think you went a little overboard.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What is going on is, the cowboys receivers are not the most sure handed in the league. Although Lamb probably has some of the best hands in the league.

Cooper and Gallup are big play receivers. But they both get cases of the dropsies at times. It’s just who they are as players. But you can deal with the drops generally, because the big plays often outweighs them.

Oh and Zeke sucks at catching the football.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We need the inspirational genius of Patches O'Houlihan.

Aven8

Reaction score
And Gallup has to lead in those for the second consecutive year. He’s Alvin Harper folks. He can make the spectacular catch, but can’t make the routine one’s.