Twitter: Cowboys looking into trade for Cooper

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just make sense if we can get him for the right price. No idea what to expect from another rookie, even a first rounder.

Flamma

Reaction score
For the right price?

Hell yea

That's not going to happen. He's on the last year of his rookie deal, he'll want to be paid. I like the Steelers approach with Cooper, just the signing bonus is guaranteed.

My whole thing is, are we ready to make a run this season? No. We can get a good WR in the first or second round if we wanted to. Why sign Cooper? We can wait until next year to consider an FA too. This year I'd pick up Terrell Pryor for cheap.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Titleist

Reaction score
Not interested. Cooper had 10 drops last season. 10! His drop rate was 17.2%. In his rookie year his drop rate was over 20% so he's been among the league's worst in his few years in the league. Makes him look like a glorified Tavon Austin. I'd be pissed if we gave up anything more than a 3rd or 4th for him.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html
10 drops for a WR that doesn’t get that many targets to begin with? Yikes, no thanks

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
If you get Cooper, go and get Dez too. Cut Hurns, cut T Will, and cut Thompson.

Cooper, Dez, Beasley, and Gallup? That'd be sick and take us from pretenders to contenders really quickly.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Cooper, Dez, Beasley, and Gallup? That'd be sick and take us from pretenders to contenders really quickly.
Rather try Noah Brown and Brice Butler.....hungrier and much much better value

Gallup, Beasley, BButler, DThmpson, NBrown

VACowboy

Reaction score
"Due diligence"

Cowboys FO-speak:

"We said that we took a look at him because we don't want the fan base that pays us millions and millions to think that we are not turning over every stone (we aren't actually looking at him).

But, we like our guys."

Is Cooper learning the offense in mid-season really better than what we've got? Honest question. I have no idea.

Flamma

Reaction score

Actually not a bad idea. Most of the attention won't be on Dez and he usually produces when a top DB isn't covering him.

LittleD

Reaction score
Lol, a lot of bad posts in this thread but this is the worst one.
Cooper gets the 4th most seperation amongst WRs.

Doesn't matter how much separation you get if you drop the ball 1 out of 5 times. He has lots of drops his first two years.