Twitter: Cowboys looking into trade for Cooper

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm more enthusiastic about Pryor b/c he doesn't cost anything but money. Lower ceiling, yes, but neither one comes on to this roster as anything certain to make a difference.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If we trade for him, I want him, Beas, and Gallup getting almost all of the reps with the first team over the next two weeks. I really think one of the biggest issues with our passing game is a lack of rapport between Dak and our receivers. I am not a fan of WR by committee, especially with a young QB that has some accuracy issues.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Really? I got ripped to shreds on another board for calling it Joey Galloway 2.0. The responses I got were about his one 1,000 yard season in Detroit. I pointed out Mike Furrey had 1,000 yards that same season for Detroit. I've been wrong about some things, but I was positive the Roy Williams trade was a bad idea when it happened.

I'm skeptical about a deal for Amari, but depending on the cost I'm not entirely opposed to it. If it's a first round pick, as rumored, count me out.

How about a conditional 2020 2nd tied to whether or not we think enough to either sign him to a new deal OR franchise him after 2019. Other words, with the 5th year option, he's ours through 2019. If by that time he's proven worthy of a new deal or tag they keep the 2nd round pick, if not they get our 2020 3rd. Seem fair for both teams........

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We should be able to get good intel seeing that he played for Saban.

Cooper's last two years weren't great but his QB hasn't been the same guy who was slinging it in his first 2 years. Don't be fooled by his pro bowl appearance last year. He's not been any good

kevm3

Reaction score
Hes not coming. Looking into means shooting a lowball offer that the other team will not accept

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Pretty much. But you have to remember that a lot of the Texas Longhorn fan boys were aboard the Roy Williams trade back then. Just like the ones who wanted Peterson to come home to Texas, etc.

Not to mention a certain safety in Seattle.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Cooper (currently), but you cannot argue this logic

Remember he is a former Alabama player, so Red should be able to get a full report on his work ethic from his mentor Saban.

LittleD

Reaction score
And he still produced lmao. There have been many good receivers who had the drops, it's somerhing they overcome.
Almost every player has a deficiency, Coopers is his drops.

But yeah it's closer to 1 of 9 than 1 of 5 like you incorrectly stated.

Michael didn't have the speed but, caught the ball most every time. Dez caught most everything in his first few years but, developed the drops his last couple. Guys that have the drops
rarely improve just like golphers with the yips. Catching the ball at all types of angles takes uncommon concentration and few WR's have that today.

Reaction score
We should be able to get good intel seeing that he played for Saban.

Cooper's last two years weren't great but his QB hasn't been the same guy who was slinging it in his first 2 years. Don't be fooled by his pro bowl appearance last year. He's not been any good
Saban also told Garrett to take Rolando McClain and Bo Scarborough.

Abd probably laughed after he hung up the phone

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'd be ok with it.
I dont really care...... but if we have to give up a 1st, im AGAINST it strongly. Ive said that if Jerry Rice was on our team it wouldnt really matter as long as Dak was qb, so Amari Cooper on the team with Dak would be like????????/Having Allen Hurns on our roster....oh, we do have Allen Hurns.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Saban also told Garrett to take Rolando McClain and Bo Scarborough.

Abd probably laughed after he hung up the phone

McClain played well here. At the time, he had turned himself around. But hey, Saban should have totally been able to see the future.

Scarborough was a 7th rounder. You really gonna complain about a 7th rounder? Half the guys picked there don't make a roster.

It is adorable how you use hindsight and unrealistic expectations to make decisions look bad. Real cute there wolfy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
14m next year......no thanks
well, what you just posted makes me be an absloute no way. We could just use a 1st or 2nd next year to draft a wr and get that guy for peanuts. No way in hell is cooper worth 14 million on this rster when we have contracts coming due soon.

Daillest88

Reaction score
McClain played well here. At the time, he had turned himself around. But hey, Saban should have totally been able to see the future.

Scarborough was a 7th rounder. You really gonna complain about a 7th rounder? Half the guys picked there don't make a roster.

It is adorable how you use hindsight and unrealistic expectations to make decisions look bad. Real cute there wolfy.

Yeah McClain helped a lot in 2014.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
well, what you just posted makes me be an absloute no way. We could just use a 1st or 2nd next year to draft a wr and get that guy for peanuts. No way in hell is cooper worth 14 million on this rster when we have contracts coming due soon.
If they aren't doing anything with the money anyways they might as well trade and use it. Money isn't a issue for next year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
McClain played well until we needed him too

That is why we can't count on those types..... Hardy, Irving, Gregory

Get what you can but treat them like end of the roster guys

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm more enthusiastic about Pryor b/c he doesn't cost anything but money. Lower ceiling, yes, but neither one comes on to this roster as anything certain to make a difference.
He has a torn groin