Twitter: Cowboys looking into trade for Cooper

LittleD

Reaction score
Lol dude I know about his drops. Unless youre going to bring something new to the table there'a nothing to discuss.

You mentioned he had bad drops his first two years, and HE STILL PRODUCED. Thats the point

/thread

Why is that this board always wants to pick up some other team's leavings that they no longer want. Seems that rarely works out for the acquiring team since the team that knows him best
thinks he's expendable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why give big money or give away a draft pick for a WR when your QB can't hit the broad side of a barn. Just watch his mechanics, he looks very labored when throwing the football.
His footwork is atrocious. He makes all our WR worse not to mention he makes it harder on the Oline. The guy isn't a franchise QB. A franchise QB is suppose to left everyone up not make it harder for them.
So ONCE AGAIN, what do you want to do? Keep giving Dak trash to throw to? This organization has pretty made it clear that for the time being Dak is their quarterback. Why would you not want to see about getting him better weapons?IT makes no sense. You talk about all of this stuff that Dak doesn't have and then want him to quarterback a poor receiving core. You make no sense.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why is that this board always wants to pick up some other team's leavings that they no longer want. Seems that rarely works out for the acquiring team since the team that knows him best
thinks he's expendable.

It has nothing to do with thinking he's "expendable." Would you call Kahlil Mack "expendable"? Cause they traded him too. Gruden wants to blow that team up and rebuild it. They gave him a 10 year contract for exactly that reason. When teams do this you usually get players for $.50 on the dollar.

Bennie

Reaction score
So ONCE AGAIN, what do you want to do? Keep giving Dak trash to throw to? This organization has pretty made it clear that for the time being Dak is their quarterback. Why would you not want to see about getting him better weapons?IT makes no sense. You talk about all of this stuff that Dak doesn't have and then want him to quarterback a poor receiving core. You make no sense.

No you don't seem to get it. We don't have a QB who can make good accurate throws. But if we do go out and get him better targets, do you think that will make his lack of arm talent suddenly disappear?

LittleD

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with thinking he's "expendable." Would you call Kahlil Mack "expendable"? Cause they traded him too. Gruden wants to blow that team up and rebuild it. They gave him a 10 year contract for exactly that reason. When teams do this you usually get players for $.50 on the dollar.

I can assure you that Cooper's next contract is not going to be .50$ on the dollar. We already have enough players that we have to pay next season. If you draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd, you get him for some years at cheap prices.
You always overpay to acquire and Jerry is a pretty poor horse trader.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I went back to the thread in here about it. (Around Page 3,000 if you want to look) Most people’s sentiments were it should take double teams away from TO and that would be what burned defenses.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I can assure you that Cooper's next contract is not going to be .50$ on the dollar. We already have enough players that we have to pay next season. If you draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd, you get him for some years at cheap prices.
You always overpay to acquire and Jerry is a pretty poor horse trader.

You're also crossing your fingers you get a guy who plays up to his draft position. This team can't continue to just rely on the draft for skill positions. Not even the vaunted Patriots do that. If you want a #1 WR and one is out there to be had, you go get him.

Too many people on this board are worried about how Jerry spends his money, then whine about a lack of talent. If you want talented players, you have to pay them one way or another.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He’s a great #2 if he’s plays to his potential. Next year I’d like a WR corps of

1. 1st round pick
2. Cooper
3. Beasley
4. Gallup
5. Wilson
6. Austin

That would be adequate assuming we upgrade the TE position.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As they should do with any player on the trade block. I'd love to take a chance on him depending on the cost.
I look at this as the consolation prize for not getting Earl Thomas.

All fingers, toes and legs crossed this happens.

We can afford it. Our #1 in 2019 is not going to be that high.

So take Cooper and he would be better than any #1 we will have.

No brainer.

What a gift for DAK.

Go Cowboys.

Help us Jerrah.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Why do people fall in love with WRs?

I mean, yeah hes pretty good. But theres no chance in hell I'm giving up a 1, and I really dont want to give up a 2 either.

Can you imagine the hate he'd get in Dallas if we gave up a prime pick and watched his drop rate stay consistent? He'd be crucified.

I'd probably be okay with a 2, but I dont know anything about him really, at least mentally if hes still in it or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s a great #2 if he’s plays to his potential. Next year I’d like a WR corps of

1. 1st round pick
2. Cooper
3. Beasley
4. Gallup
5. Wilson
6. Austin

That would be adequate assuming we upgrade the TE position.
whos Wilson?famous soccer ball in movie?

BTW a first round WR ONLY IF HES A Frontline cant miss guy... we still need a Safety id be looking at Safety first 1a ,1b maybe a WR, and 2 a TE if again acant miss guy, gronk type