Twitter: Cowboys looking into trade for Cooper

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol dude I know about his drops. Unless youre going to bring something new to the table there'a nothing to discuss.

You mentioned he had bad drops his first two years, and HE STILL PRODUCED. Thats the point

/thread

If you’re force feeding a guy that drops a ton of passes of course he’s going to produce. For example, he was targeted 130 times in 2015 and came away with only 72 receptions.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why give big money or give away a draft pick for a WR when your QB can't hit the broad side of a barn. Just watch his mechanics, he looks very labored when throwing the football.
His footwork is atrocious. He makes all our WR worse not to mention he makes it harder on the Oline. The guy isn't a franchise QB. A franchise QB is suppose to left everyone up not make it harder for them.
Our QB has a 65% career Completion Percentage......go sell your troll food somewhere else

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His salary for this year is peanuts. He's not worth his 5th year option, so he's destined for free agency. Might still get a decent deal, depending on what he shows after the trade.

1 year rental. Cheap salary. Sign him cheap after the season, or churn him for a comp pick. Sounds like a Cowboys kind of move.

It all depends on what Oakland wants for him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
His salary for this year is peanuts. He's not worth his 5th year option, so he's destined for free agency. Might still get a decent deal, depending on what he shows after the trade.

1 year rental. Cheap salary. Sign him cheap after the season, or churn him for a comp pick. Sounds like a Cowboys kind of move.

It all depends on what Oakland wants for him.
Unless he gets hurt and we are stuck with him at 14m

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He has the goods but he doesn't seem like his heart is into the game. Could be a Randy Moss Raiders situation but the Raiders only got a 4th for him. I know we NEED talent at WR but a 1st is too much. With that said we have missed out and SJ & JJ need to do something at the position.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No you don't seem to get it. We don't have a QB who can make good accurate throws. But if we do go out and get him better targets, do you think that will make his lack of arm talent suddenly disappear?
You don't seem to get it. So you don't have a qb who can make accurate throws so the answer is to not upgrade his arsenal? Upgrade his weapons? What type of logic is that?

And uhhh yeah. You don't think Julio Jones helps out Matt Ryan or Antonio Brown helps out Ben Roethlisberger?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Browns just traded Carlos Hyde a quality RB to the Jaguars for a fifth. Gruden is crazy if he thinks he's going to get a first for a WR with than many drops. Hopefully they're doing due diligence on Pryor.
that many drops is why i would pass.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Gallup might have got the memo to show up and take that #1 WR role

If he has decent games like this no point trading for other teams JAGs for rescources

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Gallup might have got the memo to show up and take that #1 WR role

If he has decent games like this no point trading for other teams JAGs for rescources

Gallup becomes that much more dangerous with a legit WR on the other side. One of the reasons I wanted to see Dez here for another year. Dez plus Tavon and Gallup (plus Beasley) is much harder to defend.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Gallup becomes that much more dangerous with a legit WR on the other side. One of the reasons I wanted to see Dez here for another year. Dez plus Tavon and Gallup (plus Beasley) is much harder to defend.

I’m not paying dez that much money for a 3rd round rookie to blossom

LittleD

Reaction score
You're also crossing your fingers you get a guy who plays up to his draft position. This team can't continue to just rely on the draft for skill positions. Not even the vaunted Patriots do that. If you want a #1 WR and one is out there to be had, you go get him.

Too many people on this board are worried about how Jerry spends his money, then whine about a lack of talent. If you want talented players, you have to pay them one way or another.

As long as this offensive coaching staff is intact, it matters not what players we acquire.